Secured Picture Loan who sold it to Webb who sold to Idem - Repossesion hearing

jj69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2913 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So 10 months of missed payments is £3,400 ? and the remainder of the £10,000 they are claiming is charges ? Do you have an up to date mortgage statement showing these charges ?

We can help you to submit a defence to the court

I know some of the charges are very spurious like 2 for the same day and one for a visit which we never had but still Idem charged for

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, when you get the statement we can get to work on the court papers

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Just been checking my laptop and do have PDF's with all a breakdown of all payments and charges .

Also apologies I miscalculated and this loan was bought by Idem Jan 2014

so missed payments will be going back till then.

You can see by the PDF's I post up

• 3 weeks later...

here are the latest statement from Idem

goes back to when Picture had it back in 2007.

I can see at the end they have reimbursed some charges and the supposed visit which never took place but FOS was involved then.

I had a call from them to say they were not opting for repossession

but wanted a fixed payment schedule in place.

They have not responded to my offer of payment which I sent in writing beginning of Feb.

how can I offer a repayment if I dispute the interest/charges and would ask a judge to hold all interest for the term of the loan ?

Sorry missed off page 1 & 2

Please let me know if you are unable to view these attachments

statements.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
docs merged to one file + page 1 redacted properly

if you can click on them and see them

we can

however

as advised

i'll put them all in one document for ease

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, a judge will not be able to tell Idem to hold the interest for the term of the loan

as they cannot change the terms and conditions of your loan agreement,

they can only decide whether you can afford to pay the monthly payment and something towards the arrears each month.

In your statement for court you can state that they have taken their charges from the monthly payments you have made, thus keeping you in arrears.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi, a judge will not be able to tell Idem to hold the interest for the term of the loan

as they cannot change the terms and conditions of your loan agreement,

they can only decide whether you can afford to pay the monthly payment and something towards the arrears each month.

In your statement for court you can state that they have taken their charges from the monthly payments you have made, thus keeping you in arrears.

Hi Ell-enn.

Thanks for that at least if gives me something to come back with.

Can you help me draft a statement.

In the meantime is it worth sending another letter with payment proposals to see if Idem will accept ?

I wanted to argue to the judge that the arrears were excessive

and I had asked Idem to hold interest while I tried to catch up !

OK, I am at work at the moment but will take a look as soon as I can. Did you send them a letter offering payment ?

Do you have a copy of the letter ?

Do you have a copy of the letter ?

Yes I do and it was posted on the 4th Feb but received no reply. I have a second letter ready to go with proposal for payment plus the arrears I have added that they have not responded to the first letter.

Hi, can you post up what you have put in the letter please.

Dear Sir/Madam.

Please find this letter in relation to your letters dated 25th January in which you state that you welcome the opportunity to discuss any problems in an effort to resolve this in another way.

I welcome this approach and am now in a better financial position to be able to offer paying the amount of £340 each month plus £40 towards he arrears but ask the following to be able to reduce the balance and pay off the loan within a shorter timescale :

All interest to be frozen or held for the length of the loan

Removal or reduction of current arrears to bring the loan back to original balance.

Please let me know if this is acceptable as I wish to start this procedure with immediate effect and avoid unnecessary court visit with court costs

My second letter is referring to this offer and no response received which I will show to the court

OK, but you should be aware they will not remove the arrears as they are missed contractual payments, the best you can ask for is that they accept payments towards the arrears in addition to your normal monthly payment. I can draft you a letter if you wish.

However, remembering that the court hearing is on 7th March the likelihood of them getting the letter and responding before the hearing is pretty slim. I think you should get the statement done and handed in to the court this week, then if they do respond to the letter in time you can take a copy along to the hearing.

OK, but you should be aware they will not remove the arrears as they are missed contractual payments, the best you can ask for is that they accept payments towards the arrears in addition to your normal monthly payment. I can draft you a letter if you wish.

However, remembering that the court hearing is on 7th March the likelihood of them getting the letter and responding before the hearing is pretty slim. I think you should get the statement done and handed in to the court this week, then if they do respond to the letter in time you can take a copy along to the hearing.

Hi Ell-enn a draft letter would be fantastic and if you could assist with the statement that would be appreciated.

Thanks

JJ

OK, will post up a letter shortly. In the meantime can you please complete the affixed budget sheet (it calculates as you fill it in), let me know when you have done it. You need to send the letter and budget sheet by special delivery tomorrow (signed for) so they get it on Thursday.

I should have some time in the morning to draft a statement for the court - will you be able to hand deliver it tomorrow or Thursday latest ?

Is the mortgage only in your name?

Budget Sheet.xls

OK, will post up a letter shortly. In the meantime can you please complete the affixed budget sheet (it calculates as you fill it in), let me know when you have done it. You need to send the letter and budget sheet by special delivery tomorrow (signed for) so they get it on Thursday.

I should have some time in the morning to draft a statement for the court - will you be able to hand deliver it tomorrow or Thursday latest ?

Is the mortgage only in your name?

Hi Ell-enn . I can have the budget sheet completed tomorrow . Yes not a problem to hand in draft statement tomorrow

Thanks

JJ

Is the mortgage in your name only, or joint names ?

OK, affixed is the letter you need to send today - when you print it out make sure the printer is set for A4 paper(not letter size) ensure the text all stays on one page - send it by special delivery 1pm tomorrow (around £5, I think). A few days after posting check on the royalmail website to print off the proof of delivery - keep that safe with a copy of the letter and budget sheet.

Have you done the budget sheet ? I'm happy to look it over if you need me to.

JJ69 letter.doc

JJ are you still on line ??

JJ are you still on line ??

Sorry Ell-enn been on some remote sites today with no network access. I have done the I&E so happy with that and many thanks for the letter it will be posted in the next hour

How much did you show as being left over in Step 5 on the budget sheet ?