The Vulnerable Residents Charter and Good Neighbour Scheme

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3010 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In 2014 I wrote a letter to my ALMO with a great idea. Some time later they said nah not our scene. Now in 2015 on Boxing day I receive a call from the carer of a disabled resident at the other end of my estate asking for my help. Now the ALMO want my letter...

The tenant is a warm kind lady and full of beans, even though disabled due to a stroke. The carers had read my letter on my site and thought I could help. I wrote an email to the ALMO and reminded them of my original letter. They came back to me with bucket loads of help. Plus offering support and guidance.

Not only that this poor lady was being abused in the most horrendous ways by another tenant. But she did not have the courage or strength to ask for help why? Because she was abused (emotionally physically financially) and finally wrecking her mobility scooter) This lady is very ill and my letter has had a profound effect on her (all good BTW). Now every time she sees me in the street the smile is huge and this makes me so happy.

The result was the new carer calling me, me hitting the LA with an email, my result saw 5 ward Cllrs. getting involved and arranging for this lady to be moved to a safer environment. Criminal investigation now commenced.

It now makes me smile knowing that when I see this old lady in the street and seeing the huge smile on her face made me so happy and making it so worthwhile in the end..

Want to know more then simply have a look at my attachment (PDF) let me know what you think or even just to say aww lol ....

Suffice to say I have been asked by my Cllrs to send them a copy of the original letter to be published in our monthly Council magazine....

The Vulnerable Residents Charter.pdf

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

That is a very sad story, MM.

I am pleased to hear that there are people in a position to help, who are now listening.

It is indeed very sad that so many elderly people are left without any company and I cant think of anything worse than going for days on end without any human contact at all.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Well I only have real conversations' for about 20 minutes a day. The original story was based on me... I also see very few people apart from when I shop again its the 20 minutes I have out of my home a day.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Families are so fragmented nowadays and unless you are part of a small community already, then "care in the community" is just another pipe dream at the moment.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

There is so much more to this story than I can post. But if every town had something like this in place what a wonderful world this could be....

• 4 weeks later...