Faulty Hotpoint Tumble dryer from John Lewis Bought dec 2012

billybobynumeroduo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2796 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Bought a hotpoint tumble dryer from John Lewis back in December 2012.

So far I have had no problems.

In december 2015 I received a letter (attached ) stating that the model I have TCFG87C6P, is faulty, a fire hazard and needs modification to make it safe to use.

Now I have used the machine many times and gone out leaving it on, only now to find out that it could potentially have burnt the house down. Luckily this has not happened.

I am aware the product is out of warranty but am I within my rights to request a new tumble dryer from John Lewis, considering that the one they sold me in the first place was never fit for use of more to the point safe to use.

Any help much appreciated.

Kind Regards

BB

John lewis tumble dryer indesit_Redacted.pdf

I don't think that you could possibly claim for a replacement on a three-year-old machine because of a potential hazard.

I think that you will have to wait until your house burns down.

You signed up for the modification and I think the opposition is that you will have to wait and have it done. I must say that a week seems a rather long time for the engineer to arrive – but if this is what the situation is and what you have agreed to then I think you have to be patient.

I think a smart thing to do would be to ask engineer the same time to check machine out and see if it's going to need any repairs in the near future. Maybe he or she might even give the machine a service for you

I don't think that you could possibly claim for a replacement on a three-year-old machine because of a potential hazard.

I think that you will have to wait until your house burns down.

You signed up for the modification and I think the position is that you will have to wait and have it done. I must say that a week seems a rather long time for the engineer to arrive – but if this is what the situation is and what you have agreed to then I think you have to be patient.

I think a smart thing to do would be to ask engineer the same time to check machine out and see if it's going to need any repairs in the near future. Maybe he or she might even give the machine a service for you

Thanks for the response, hopefully the above scenario does not happen touch wood.

Thanks BF

• 7 months later...