Divorce problems

mariejader
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2970 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope this is in the correct section, I am posting for a friend who is currently going through a divorce.

Ok my friends husband had an affair and has moved out of the family home and into a home with new GF, leaving my friend in the property along with his 2 children who are both over 20. He has been paying 50% of the mortgage along with 50% of the loans they had taken up to renovate the property which included building an extension and although the main part of this work had been completed it had not been finished when he walked away to his new life.

My friend has since finished works required at her expense and has been covering all the utility bills etc.

The divorce has been going through but the husband has not agreed to anything won't sign or produce all of his financial stuff ie pensions etc, three months ago with out any notice he stopped paying his share of the loans and the mortgage which you can imagine leaving my friend in quite a financial mess, thankfully family are stepping in and making payments but she is sure that the missed payments have already impacted her credit score and she will need to purchase a new property with a mortgage this needs to be good.

The house was put on the market and he was informed by the solicitor again this was letter was ignored but the day of the open house he was straight into the estate agents wanting to know what was happening and complaining it was his house and he needed to be kept informed. There were several offers and the house has sold, but he won't sign any of the paperwork!!

My friend has a court date in March but he has now ill and could be in hospital, so she is now thinking the court case will be cancelled due to his health, the problem is she can't afford to continue to live there and is getting into more debt due to him not signing anything etc, can anyone please make a suggestion of what she can do.

• 2 months later...

Hi. You state the matter was in court in March but this has now passed? What was the outcome of the hearing?

Is he Working/ is she working.

If you could give more info please. Thanks