TalkTalk won't honour deal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

o prior to my line going active on the 19th, I was given an offer for 6 months half price line rental to try and keep me proceeding with the order as Sky had offered me a good deal to stay with them.

I was happy with this new offer so obviously told sky I wouldn't be sticking with them. It was at this point they threw out a great offer to which it was back to TalkTalk to tell them I wouldn't be proceeding.

On the 13th January, on the live chat, an advisor named Reshan stated ;

Reshan:

The order is 6 months half price call plan, with line rental and your package.

Reshan:

Thank you for your patience.

Ryan: you're very welcome.

Ryan: Yeah, that's the offer I had a note off, that works out just below £65 more expensive than the sky offer. This is absolutely the most you can offer?

Reshan:

I can offer you 12 months half price on your package.

Ryan: that would definitely beat sky so I would be more than happy with that Reshan!

Reshan:

Please give me a moment.

It was at this point the advisors computer stopped working and the offer wouldn;t be applied right away. Notes were being made and it would be applied shortly. I've tried so hard trying to get this applied and advisors are saying what he is saying is 12 months off the broadband cost which is FREE for 18 months so essentially no difference to the package. From the context of the chat I was having, I assumed it was off line rental but TT are insistant that Line Rental is seperate and not part of the 'package'.

I've also been on to the Chief Exective Office and they've been so helpful too......not!

The person I spoke to said that what Reshan meant was he was extending the offer of FREE broadband from 12 months to 18 (Even although that's not what is said above) ; that's all the person from the CEO team emphasised - I then found my welcome letter which states FREE broadband for 18 months which was generated before any discounts were applied.

I just feel that I have been totally misled into proceeding with the order. I have trailled back through all the chat logs and found this gem this morning which again totally contradicts the executive office's stance ;

Joan:

You're welcome, okay. Here's what I can do for you. Since the account is still not yet active I will need you to contact us right after the 6 months end to add another 6 months of the Half price line rental.

Joan:

Now if after 6 months it's not available we will just apply a credit for you equivalent to the offer.

If I proceed down this route I can absolutely see what would happen 6 months down the line ..... it would not be honoured whatsoever and it would be more of a headache.

Can anyone advise me of what I can do as nowhere is being helpful!