Do I need my husbands signature on ppi form ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I split with my ex almost 2 years ago.

Since then ( prob irrelevant ) I have sorted out almost 100% of the financial mess he left us in.

I have paid for and initiated all the solicitors fees and divorce .

He was chased for an old debt last year and as usual ( because they had traced him to his mums house which he didn't like ) , he asked me for advice .

As the debt was over 20 ! years old I advised him not to acknowledge it in anyway

and no it wouldn't appear on his credit file .

I then asked him if hed considered claiming for PPI and he said no.

I asked him if he minded if I did as it was in joint names

.He was fine about that .

He is extremely lazy and would never do it himself .

I put a random claim in and they've offered me an agreeable amount .

It says the payment will only be made to the bank account of the complainant ( me )

but I did put both our names on it and believe it or not his name is still on our bank account

because he wont take it off ( not because hes up to anything he is just lazy ).

Theres a place for me and for him to sign.

I was fully intending to give him half but he has paid nothing whatsoever towards this divorce

and it will just about cover my solicitors fees.

Following a long talk with a trusted friend she said- oh for goodness sake just use it to pay for the legal fees its not like your buying a new handbag !.

So Im going to pay the cheque into our account and use it for that .

I wont try and hide it and I will tell the solicitor so at the end of the day he gets his share when the settlement is made .

I need the bit of savings I have ( and was going to have to use ) as I have a house and 4 children to support 100 % .

If only I sign will then question it and not pay ?

Otherwise ill have to own up earlier than I was going to by asking him for his signature .

Dec 2006 SARS request :p

5th Feb 2007 initial request inc list of charges totalling £1706.50 without 8% interest :o

15th Feb 2007"bog off " letter received.:(

19th Feb 2007 LBA sent with further copy of charges:|

4th April £750 goodwill gesture paid into bank

11th Aug 2007-another £704 charges since and lloyds served me with enforcement notoice

urm..why not sign for both

I doubt they'll even check his sig...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I was pondering that !

Dec 2006 SARS request :p

5th Feb 2007 initial request inc list of charges totalling £1706.50 without 8% interest :o

15th Feb 2007"bog off " letter received.:(

19th Feb 2007 LBA sent with further copy of charges:|

4th April £750 goodwill gesture paid into bank

11th Aug 2007-another £704 charges since and lloyds served me with enforcement notoice

Once the cheque is in your account and cleared, I would be inclined to start a new account with a different bank on your own. You can then tell the bank that you no longer want to be associated with the account oryour ex

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Either party can initiate a claim for PPI without the others consent alone....I would not advocate forging anyone's signature.

Andy

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi mooshy, my ex wife went to a CMC regarding claiming back PPI on two credit cards held solely in her name.

Whilst investigating this, the CMC discovered a huge amount of PPI on what was once a joint mortgage, but since the divorce and me paying her off, the mortgage has been in my name only (for the last ten years).

The insurance company sent her a cheque for just over £6k with a letter saying that the other half of the payout was being held by them should the other joint mortgagee (me) make a claim.

Needless to say that claim has now gone to them and I'm hoping that these payments have carried on up to the present date!

So it looks to me that if what you are claiming on was in joint names, they should only be refunding you half that amount.

Hope this helps.