Secure code - not secure

Fuzzgin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3047 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope this is the right topic. I just used my bank card online. I'm terrible at remembering passwords and my account has recently changed to 3 boxes where you choose random letters/numbers rather than the whole password. I thought I'd got it right but I hadn't so it asked me to choose a new one.

So lets get this straight, a thief finds my card. Decides to use it but doesn't know the secure code so is invited to reset it???? Really???

The only thing it asked as a security question that hadn't been included when I put my card details in for the purchase was the sort code. Which is printed on the card! So what kind of security is this?

It's not new, this has happened before (like I said, I'm lousy with passwords) and I thought then that it was just wrong!

Yep. That visa security is VERY secure.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

No, not Visa, Mastercard Debit and if it invites the person who currently has the card to designate a password asking only some of the details on the previous transaction and the sort code (which is on the card) it cannot be secure. I don't have a Visa card. My bank doesn't issue them as far as I'm aware.