Parking Charge Notice - UK CPS Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Evening all,

I'm looking for some advice for my 18 year old son. I have just come across this website after searching many many threads and webpages. And it seems there is a lot of recent comments and posts about the company: UK CPS Ltd

My son went to ******** at the weekend in his car and parked in a 24hr car park. The charge was £4 for 24 hours. He paid for a ticket and put it on the dashboard on the drivers side.

The ticket was time and date stamped:

Paid Until 17:28 5 Dec 15

P03 £4.00

Then in text on the bottom it states 17:28 151204 (which i am presuming is the date of the ticket scrambled?)

Today at work, he noticed a Parking Charge Notice tucked under the windowscreen wiper on the passenger side. He has come home quite distressed that this as happened as he paid for the ticket and is very concious about his self funded car and lack of funds to pay the charge.

The notice sounds like a typical UK CPS Ltd notice, £60 rising to £100, registered office (Leeds), no VAT details etc. It was issued with the following details:

04 DEC 15 1811hrs first observed at 1806hrs.

Without a valid permit or authority.

The site is about 50 miles away from our house so getting photos etc, will be difficult but if needed I will drive across there and get them. It looks like a small car park with very basic signage around the entrance (as far as streetview will show) but i can't see the actual site.

Now my heart wants to tell me to get in touch with the PPC and tell them he had a ticket and send them a copy, and that would be the end of it. But after doing some research, my head is now telling me it may not be as easy as that. And that will be taken as some sort of admission.

It would appear they are members of the IPC and from reading other forums the appeals process may be more complex.

I have told my lad not to worry about it and taken that pressure off him. If it needs to be paid i will sort it, but it just seems so wrong that they can do this and put the pressure on drivers to prove something in our defence. Especially as he complied with buying a ticket, displaying it and left within the paid time

Any advice on what my best course of action would be?

Hi and welcome to CAG,

I would be sitting on my hands for now and wait for the Notice to Keeper to arrive. UKCPS are members of the IPC and fail at almost every turn when appealing to them as they will likely say they assume the driver is the keeper as nobody has to tell them who was driving on the day.

There is no charge to pay as your son bought a 24 hour ticket. UKCPS will try and say that it isn't valid and throw in some legal guff.

Once you (he)gets the NTK then is the time to appeal even though they will say the time for appeal is over. It isn't!

When they reject your appeal (and they will) sit on your hands again as if they are silly enough to try court action, in my opinion, they will lose.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

This lot are a bunch of charlatans. I got a ticket from them which stated that I was parked 'on regent street' in a disabled bay without displaying a blue badge. I wrote to them highlighting the fact that there are no disabled bays on Regent street and it is a public road monitored and enforced by the local authority. They rejected the appeal on the grounds that the 'ticket was correctly issued' I am now waiting for court papers so they can explain to the court why they are issuing tickets where they have no legal right. I don't think they will bother.

)

This lot are a bunch of charlatans. I got a ticket from them which stated that I was parked 'on regent street' in a disabled bay without displaying a blue badge. I wrote to them highlighting the fact that there are no disabled bays on Regent street and it is a public road monitored and enforced by the local authority. They rejected the appeal on the grounds that the 'ticket was correctly issued' I am now waiting for court papers so they can explain to the court why they are issuing tickets where they have no legal right. I don't think they will bother.

Hello there.

Have you started your own thread about this? If not, it would be a good idea so that the forum guys can help you.:

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum