Mediation Agreement Query

kjun
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3096 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So friend has a mediation agreement in place with a creditor which was reached via court service mediation so claim did not progress to hearing or judgment.

They are having trouble with the payments due to recent ill health however creditor won't agree to reducing these.

I know if it was a CCJ it could be varied by application but must admit I have no idea if this can be done under the current arrangement...

Any advice most welcome

if the terms of the agreement cant be kept, and they wont engage again, then it may have to be cancelled. there may be costs implications depending on the circumstances.

if its cancelled/terminated/not adhered to, then it (the litigation) may proceed as normal otherwise. depends on any terms re cancellation agreed?

IMO

:-):rant:

Those were my thoughts, in effect the same as a Tomlin Order, so in theory the creditor could apply for the stay placed on the case be lifted then judgment entered should the agreed payments not be maintained and as there is no judgment currently then no application can be made to vary until there is one

What's the debt all about?

Was it checked to be legally enforceable?

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Those were my thoughts, in effect the same as a Tomlin Order, so in theory the creditor could apply for the stay placed on the case be lifted then judgment entered should the agreed payments not be maintained and as there is no judgment currently then no application can be made to vary until there is one

it would then be up to the claimant to decide what to do. as you say, apply to lift (maybe no auto ccj), or negotiate again.

an option for friend could be a formal Time Order upon application (and fee if no fee remission), if negotiation/agreement fails?

need to know the round history/circs really.

IMO

Yep get all that however if the stay on the case was lifted the Defence filed that lead to mediation will fail even at hearing so a judgment would be the next step after a hearing of course.

All of this would incur further fruitless costs.

I just don't think there is a way to vary these payments without incurring judgment one way or another but am very open to suggestions

Yep get all that however if the stay on the case was lifted the Defence filed that lead to mediation will fail even at hearing so a judgment would be the next step after a hearing of course.

All of this would incur further fruitless costs.

I just don't think there is a way to vary these payments without incurring judgment one way or another but am very open to suggestions

yes, if theres no real defence. is it small claims, re limited costs?

i mentioned a Time Order, if suitable?

IMO