Zip Application needed for Word

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A few months ago i had a new clean install from windows 8.1 to 10

I have just submitted my latest piece of work to the Open University through Microsoft Office Home and Office student and a word document.

I have the option to review what i sent and they sent back a copy of the submission via a Zip file.

When it came back i could not open it not realising i no longer had a Zip program on my computer

So my question is:

1. Does Office Home and Student have a Zip program within to open zip files by default

2. If not are there any free programs that do not try and load you computer up with "Freeware" Junk?

Edited by obiter dictum

WinRAR

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Windows can unzip software. Bring up the file and highlight the folder by clicking on it. Now look at the ribbon along the top and you will see 'extract all', click on that and ok on the box that opens and it will do the unzip and present you with the unzipped files.

You can also right click on the folder and chose 'unzip' and follow the prompts.

Edited by Conniff

Hi!

7-Zip will serve your need and its truly Open-Source Freeware - takes a little while to get to know it's interface tho!

32-bit

[url=]http://www.7-zip.org/a/7z1510-x64.exe 64 bit

Right-click "My Computer" then "Properties" - the General Properties page should display wether your Windows is 32 or 64 bit type - ensure you download the correct version for the Windows you have!

Hope this helps!

Hi!

7-Zip will serve your need and its truly Open-Source Freeware - takes a little while to get to know it's interface tho!

32-bit

[url=]http://www.7-zip.org/a/7z1510-x64.exe 64 bit

Right-click "My Computer" then "Properties" - the General Properties page should display wether your Windows is 32 or 64 bit type - ensure you download the correct version for the Windows you have!

Hope this helps!

+1

Why trust doctors and science, when you can trust the internets:

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

“The fossil fuel industry is feasting on subsidies and windfall profits

while household budgets shrink and our planet burns"

UN secretary general Antonio Guterres