woolwich Credit card debt. Cabot type of debt disputed

desktop
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2362 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Equidebt went bust I believe so the debts were sold. To the best of my knowledge Robinson Way do not buy debts but their parent company Hoist do .

You have done nothing wrong in trying to pay your debts although maybe the choice of management company was not the best, can I ask how much you were paying to them to pay £1 a month to all your creditors?

The CCA request is the best move you can make , its up to you if you continue to pay until they either provide a compliant copy or tell you that they can not . If you need an easier life the £6 a month may be worth it .

The dangers are that they could try to get a ccj against you and if successful they could try to secure it against your home although getting an order for sale isn't going to happen .

If it were me, just to keep to the arrangement i would be paying this months and maybe next but if they do not come up with the goods then stop.

Even if they can not come up they will write to you and say that you still owe the money, that is true but what they can't do is get a judgement against you IF you defend it.

• Confused 1

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep the first letter safe,

You are sending a SAR to your DMC I think

I think a SAR to barclays (who bought Woolwich) might be in order but I think you need to send a prove it letter to cabot in the guise of a formal complaint.

tell them that your finances were being delt with by a debt management company

however upon reviewing the situation you have no knowledge of any current account with Woolwich

or related bank and thus need them to prove it exists.

Does the reference number look like a current account?

I don't usually ask this but is there any mention of this on your credit file,

it might give you an indication as to the type of account

I don't think it is statute barred as the Op has been paying in a debt management plan. There was a case or two recently about the M&S reserve account that was not a current account.

For now I would send them a prove it letter saying you never held a current account with Woolwich. just watch out for any further letters

Dx

As far as I know yes it is the bug discount and desktop is going to sar Barclays. They are Woolwich now aren't they.

From my experience with Barclays they will have lost all details.

• 1 year later...