Looking for advice on the next steps with Robinson Way and CapQuest DCAs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear forum members,

I'm looking for some advice on the next steps I need to take with two companies, Robinson Way and Capquest.

I have three debts, two with Robinson Way and one with Capquest.

The two with Robinson Way are Welcome Finance and Barclaycard

and the one with Capquest is Royal Bank of Scotland.

All three of the debts have been ongoing for approximately six years and some payments have been made to all three.

They have been passed around several DCA's during their existence.

And, regrettably, I have often ignored them.

However, after the recent letters I have received concerning them I want to do something about them.

I know it should have been something I should have tackled earlier but I can't change that now so I hope I can get some advice here.

I have been reading around some articles but I am a little overwhelmed by the amount of information on the forums.

I'm not sure if some or all of the advice applies to me.

I am happy to provide further information and know that I will need to do so in order to receive help from people

but I am unsure what to provide at this early stage.

I have read about an SOA (Statement of Affairs?) but I would appreciate any help an experienced forum member might be able to offer.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

And this is also a copy and paste of a message I put on moneysavingexpert

but I wanted to 'reach out' to as many knowledgeable people as possible, so sorry if some people are reading this twice.

have you ever sent whom is chasing you on each a CCA request?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They are old but I'm not sure how old,

I assume you are asking this question because you think they might be statute barred

and I think they could fall into that six year category.

I have an Experian account and I joined for this reason but access is blocked from the country I am trying to access it from.

I have tried to call them this evening but they are closed,

I will try and call them tomorrow to see if they can help with this technical issue as being able to see my credit report would be useful

especially as I forgot to cancel the free 30 day trial and paid 14.99GBP for zero access!

Edited by gosavesomething

are you ever returning to the UK?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They are old but I'm not sure how old,

I assume you are asking this question because you think they might be statute barred

and I think they could fall into that six year category.

No sorry, I was asking regarding if they were pre or post 2007, as if they are pre 07 then they will need the original to enforce in a court.

But as it has been doing the rounds, then it is highly likely that there is something wrong with them.

You could try Noddle, which is free to use.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I am currently living outside of the UK and have been for over 2 years, my wife and I would like to return to the UK in the future but we are not currently planning on moving back to the UK for another 10 years.

If I wasn't returning to the UK permanently then I can anticipate your reply! But does the length of my planned stay outside of the UK also affect the next step with dealing with these creditors. Furthermore, I don't think it's that sensible to rely on the scenario that we will be outside of the UK for 10 years because there are a lot of other factors outside of our control and which we couldn't even plan for which might mean that we return sooner.

Apologies, for a vague answer, but we will return to the UK at an indefinite point in the future!

Thanks Bazooka Boo! I will try Noddle - I will have to see what information I can find on Noddle, they are approximately 2006-2008, which possibly puts them in that time period which you mention. I will check on Noddle and post what I find on here as a reply.

if you are not returning to the uk for another 10 yrs, shred any further letters you get and use it to line your cat litter tray!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

yep why the heck are you bothering entertaining them???

bugger and all they can do to you.

dx

and they

Ok, as far as I understand if I'm not returning to the UK for a 10 year period then there is no need to contact these creditors now because there is nothing they can do to chase the debt while I'm outside the UK.

If, however, I wanted to pay back the debts one at a time over the course of this 10 year period to improve my credit history on return to the UK then what course of action could you recommend?

Is someone forwarding your mail for you then?

Or do they have your overseas address?

If the former, then you can get them to write on the envelope ''RTS Not known at this address'' and in time they will mark you as a gone away.

Or if they have your current O/S' address you can send £2 to Experian for your credit file (hard copy) and see what's on there.

But as has already been said, if you're not going to return for another decade, there's zero they can do.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!