ASDA failing to issue a refund for missing items

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone have a UK contact number/email for ASDA home shopping? I have been trying to get a refund on items missing from our shopping delivered 29 Sept but no one seems to want to do it and it's getting a bit silly now.

I've called the number 3 times now and still no refund as well as using the online form and just had a call today from the most unhelpful woman based in South Africa who refused to let me discuss my wife's account unless I answered security correctly - which I did (they needed the email address on the account and my wife has just the one and they claim it's not the one, but it is as I have just checked it). This is despite me being the only one in contact with them and even calling me on my own mobile phone.

Hopefully I can get some sort of contact from someone in the UK as after 2 failed refunds and suspecting the person on the 3rd call was simply trying to get rid of me when he said someone will call me back - I'm starting to get a little fed up.

Thanks

Lee

Does anyone have a UK contact number/email for ASDA home shopping? I have been trying to get a refund on items missing from our shopping delivered 29 Sept but no one seems to want to do it and it's getting a bit silly now.

I've called the number 3 times now and still no refund as well as using the online form and just had a call today from the most unhelpful woman based in South Africa who refused to let me discuss my wife's account unless I answered security correctly - which I did (they needed the email address on the account and my wife has just the one and they claim it's not the one, but it is as I have just checked it). This is despite me being the only one in contact with them and even calling me on my own mobile phone.

Hopefully I can get some sort of contact from someone in the UK as after 2 failed refunds and suspecting the person on the 3rd call was simply trying to get rid of me when he said someone will call me back - I'm starting to get a little fed up.

Thanks

Lee

Is it worth it ? You could end up spending more money than the value of the item. Plus i think you have to report within a few days of the shopping being delivered.

ASDA are known for their poor handling of customer and staff complaints. If the item is of small value and you want to leave feedback, just write plenty of adverse comments on any online forum you can. Join netmums and put a comment on there. I don't think you will get anywhere through standard complaint routes.

Do ASDA have a Twitter account ? Another good way of communicating a complaint.

Change home shopping to another Supermarket.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for the reply.

The number I've called so far has been free plus also the emails. I also informed them about 10 minutes after I received the delivery. It's not a massive amount but if they short deliver a lot of people to the amount of £5.20 they can make some decent profit.

Thanks for the reply.

The number I've called so far has been free plus also the emails. I also informed them about 10 minutes after I received the delivery. It's not a massive amount but if they short deliver a lot of people to the amount of £5.20 they can make some decent profit.

Given it has taken so long already without resolution, if you cannot embarrass them into action online, a letter to their head office might be best. But i have heard people being ignored, whether they write, email or phone UK head office.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Given it has taken so long already without resolution, if you cannot embarrass them into action online, a letter to their head office might be best. But i have heard people being ignored, whether they write, email or phone UK head office.

CEO email address is andy.clarke@asda.co.uk

I can imagine. Getting in touch is a nightmare. They're usually spot on with the refunds. This time however the money we paid for the entire shop got refunded back to our account then went out again a week later. This happened a day or so after I called to report the missing items. We didn't get any emails about the refund as we usually do and looking on the internet it appears that this isn't likely to be because of the initial attempt to refund but seems to be definitely causing the following attempt to refund to fail. I suggested this to the third person I spoke to who confirmed there was a problem and I'll get a call back that day…still waiting for that.

I'll give that email ago and thanks for providing it. I don't expect any action but we will see.

I looked at the Facebook option but its one of those pages where you can't post or contact them via pm (never a good sign). All you can do is reply to their posts but they are soon swamped so probably not checked by the social media team.

You could also try finding out the stores contact number and ask to speak to the E COmmerce trading manager for the store.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.