PCN Bus Lane Camden- Southampton Row turning from Bloomsbury place

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I recently received a PCN for using the bus lane on Southampton Row on my motorcycle during operating hours. I have since then challenged the contravention, but the pcn was not cancelled.

My grounds for appeal are: the alleged contravention did not occur due to the signs and road marking being incorrect.

After visiting the site where it happened I found the following:

1-The white information sign on Bloomsbury Place (where I was turning from) was not facing oncoming traffic so had no indication of there being a bus lane.

2- When stopped at the traffic lights again no indication of the bus lane being there. All I could see was a box junction followed by a pedestrian crossing. There was traffic as well.

3- As I turned right I moved into the left lane as I was planning to turn left just ahead. there were no angled dashed lines when at the start of the lane after there was a large break in a bus lane (please see images in PDF)

4- there was no 'BUS LANE' markings on the road surface where the bus lane restarted after the box junction.

5- the hours of operation sign which is situated there was turned at an angle again not facing oncoming traffic.

I've attached pdfs of my challenge and also the response from Camden council. Pictures taken by me and google streeview are in the challenge pdf and images of the CCTV camera attached to the pdf correspondence from the council.

Would appreciate advice into whether to proceed. What would be the next step?

Thank you in advance :)

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have just received the Enforcement Notice for the PCN. Could I please get some advice on my grounds for a formal appeal?

Also is it normal for them to send it to me so late?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60430[/ATTACH]

I've attached the PDF

Thanks in advance