Windows 10 problems. Childs account.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Peeps.

I've set up a basic account on my pc for my son. When I start Firefox, the homepage shows just fine. If I click a link, that works just fine. However, when I try and search something, or put a URL in the Address Bar, it just says 'Problem loading page'. I've looked in Firefgox settings, but can't see a problem.

Hope someone can help.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Have you applied restrictions on what can be accesssed online, so he cannot see unsuitable material ? Might explain why searches are not working.

If you can go to the BBC website by putting their address in the url, this might confirm the issue as suggested.

The other possibility is that Firefox has actually not property installed on your Sons account. Try restarting your computer and see what happens.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I didn't apply any restrictions. It was all automatic. I will have a look at the BBC website. See if that helps.

I didn't apply any restrictions. It was all automatic. I will have a look at the BBC website. See if that helps.

I just wonder whether things like Firefox work straightaway on other accounts you set up or whether you need to do a restart so it is all configured properly.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Windows 10 blocks some stuff automatically if you havent set open rights for all users. Thats why multiple pieces of software exist to knock off these 'features'.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I've tried allsorts. It works fine if I run Firefox as Administrator. It's just the Child thing, when he opens it. I have been on Properties, and given his account full access, but it's still the same.

Since we are talking access restrictions by a minor, it could be possible that your system is infected with who knows what.

Have you run any type of scans for mal ware? There are a number of free programs you can use. The first one I tend to use is called JRT (Junk ware Removal Tool) this often find and deals with this type of issue.

Get it and run it as administrator and save the report to your desktop. It will list any issues it finds. Including Firefox.

Once run it should ask you to restart your computer then do so.

Then there is Malwarebytes do the same with that hit clean when the scan and follow the on screen results reboot then try to configure Firefox again.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

After doing malware scans you could tryinstalling another browser see if that works OK install it for all users.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Might be worth checking it isnt your ISP's 'safe filters' systems where they block certain sites - often including some incorrectly because of 'key words'.

(There is usually an option to disable these from your account maintenance web page)

Not sure if any of these work by account rather than everyone connected, but perhaps worth a check.

Why trust doctors and science, when you can trust the internets:

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

“The fossil fuel industry is feasting on subsidies and windfall profits

while household budgets shrink and our planet burns"

UN secretary general Antonio Guterres

Sorry folks. I've been busy. I actually detect and remove pc viruses for a living, so It's not that. I have tried Internet Explorer, and that's OK. He will have to suffer with that for now lol. Thanks for all your help.

Sorry folks. I've been busy. I actually detect and remove pc viruses for a living' date=' so It's not that. I have tried Internet Explorer, and that's OK. He will have to suffer with that for now lol. Thanks for all your help.[/quote']

I seem to remember having this problem with Firefox and was to do with the settings for the default search engine. When you are logged into your own account which works normally, write down what is shown under the default settings. See if this is the same on your Sons account.

When i was using Firefox it worked brilliantly most of the time, but it can play up.

Sorry folks. I've been busy. I actually detect and remove pc viruses for a living' date=' so It's not that. I have tried Internet Explorer, and that's OK. He will have to suffer with that for now lol. Thanks for all your help.[/quote']

seems is as post #7. try importing the (local) certificate that the other browsers use, into firefox

:)

IMO

:-):rant: