Wonga FOS complaint help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

These boards have been invaluable over the years so I am hoping you can be again.

I had some wonga loans a number of years ago, and recently decided to tackle them having come out the other end of struggling.

In a short story I contacted wonga advising irresponsible lending etc. And wonga said they didn't blah blah blah. Contacted FOS and they have been back and forth with me. They have since advised that 4 or 10 loans should be paid back to me (circa £500), but that the other loans were fine. They ruled that due to the loans they have ruled in my favour includes top up loans, it evidenced that I couldn't afford these. However the other loans did not include top up loans and there is no basis that these were not affordable.

I have argued this and advised that Wonga had and have no idea what was affordable or not as they never requested any income and expenditure details from me. I have sent statements to them which highlights that over a period of 10 months there was at least one loan per month, which it me indicates a clear problem in affordability.

They have reviewed my statements and advised that even if wonga did affordability checks that my statement doesn't indicate any problems in paying them back. I have argued this again by highlighting that a loan was taken every month. They won't budge on this and have advised that is their final decision.

They have offered for this to be moved to an ombudsman, is there any point in this? If I accept their offer to remove said loans from my credit file and have the funds paid back, am I legally allowed to take wonga to court for the other loans?

The whole situation is so frustrating, I don't care about the money and would much rather they remove all marking and don't pay me a penny back. I know wonga took advantage of me at that time and hooked me into a spiral of loans and interest and charges etc. But I'm just not sure what else I can do.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I was just wondering how you got on with this? I am in a similar situation, the ajudicator thinks that Wonga are not obliged to carry out any specific checked when it comes to affordability and that taking only my income into consideration is sufficient. They have disregarded my other debts and bank statement. I am currently waiting for an ombudsman to make a decision on this. Did you choose to go to an ombudsman?