Ryanair (how much)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

◾free meals and refreshments appropriate to the delay

Does anyone know what this means?

I was recently delayed coming back from Portugal.

After 2 hours we were given a voucher for 5 euros (£3.50). A sandwich cost 5 euros so we had to pay for drinks.

Am I expecting too much to want refreshments to include at least a drink with my sandwich, I suppose I could have had a packet

of crisps instead. :smile:

My flight is delayed – does my airline have to look after me?

If you are travelling from a European airport or with an EU airline and your flight is delayed by more than two hours, your airline may have to offer you a “welfare package” including food, drinks, two phone calls and, if you are delayed overnight, accommodation plus transport to and from where you are staying.

When your airline is obliged to offer you this welfare package depends on the distance you are travelling in kilometres. The table below outlines your rights:

Length of delay before you are entitled to assistance

Flight length Delay

0 – 1,500km (eg Manchester to Frankfurt) More than two hours

1,500 – 3,500km (eg Newcastle to Majorca) More than three hours

3,500km + (eg London to Delhi) More than four hours

Source: CAA

If your airline does not offer to provide the welfare package itself – for example, in the form of meal vouchers or by booking accommodation for you – talk to a representative at the airport to find out what they consider “reasonable costs” and get an agreement that you can sort out your own welfare.

If you do arrange your own accommodation or buy meals, keep all of your receipts to make claiming back any costs you have incurred as easy as possible.

http://www.travelsupermarket.com/blog/am-i-entitled-to-compensation-for-a-delayed-flight/

You will need to read quite a way down, however, it looks to me as though there are several factors needing consideration. How long the flight is, and how long the delay. But it does look as though if there is a delay of 2 hours then you should be offered a welfare package... 3.50 euros that doesn't even cover the cost of a drink/sandwich doesn't sound very much to me.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/holiday-cancellations-and-compensation/if-your-flights-delayed-or-cancelled/

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D