Have you a tip for Home or Garden.That does not cost to much.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well,i am back again.When many of you post it gives me ideas.

I like it in here.Sometimes it frightens you,sometimes it enlightens you.

Enough of that,could go on for a while,ramble on for ages if left to.

So what tips have you got for home and garden.Maybe handed down to you from your family generations ago.Maybe last week.

I have seen two on another thread but will let them find their way here and tell you themselves.

So who is first going to give us a tip.

Not one for the 2-30 at Doncaster Race.

Frozen mixed veg is a cheap way to make e.g. bolognese sauce go a lot further with the added bonus that fussy kids soon tire of picking it out and starting eating their veggies.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Frozen mixed veg is a cheap way to make e.g. bolognese sauce go a lot further with the added bonus that fussy kids soon tire of picking it out and starting eating their veggies.

Can also replace some of the mince with bulgur wheat to make it go further.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

home made stew and dumplings ( not suet, yuk! )

white vinegar cleans lots of items

sellotape removes hairs from clothes etc

furniture polish sprayed on curtain rails helps if the curtain hooks are sticking, also good for spraying on squeaks on doors etc x

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Cheats meatloaf using packet sage & onion mix stuffing. Make the stuffing mix as normal, add some extra bread ( 2 slices crumbed up) and mix with about 400g of raw standard beef mince. Add 2 tablespoons of tomato ketchup and 1 tablespoon of worcestershire sauce. Then add about 1 mug full of chicken or beef gravy. You can add 1 egg if you want to. Cook in oven gas mark 6 for about 30 minutes.

If you get it right, it is delicious.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

White vinegar - lots of cleaning uses, particularly for cleaning the fridge, or a couple of capfuls on a boil wash in the washing machine.

Buy bulk spices, coconut oil, bulk rice, various other bulk foods from indian food shops - much cheaper.

cheap hairspray to deal with flying insects - spray them, they stop flying then hit them with a slipper.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

cheap hairspray to deal with flying insects - spray them, they stop flying then hit them with a slipper.

That does seem to put the flies at a bit of a disadvantage!

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

crushed eggshells or copper shavings round plant pots to stop the slugs.. horrid creatures..

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Having a decent compost bin in the garden, saves having to pay extra for garden waste collection. If you make the compost properly with some brown materials e.g shredded cardboard, paper, teabags, after about a year, you will have created black gold. The compost when dug into the soil will improve it and you get better flowering shrubs.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread