Can Baillif company add all the fees before they visit newlyns & 2012 CTAX LO

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2829 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi BA

I could have been that.

But it was defiantly Ace1 ltd who put the parcel delivery slip through the door.

I did call the number on the slip but did not leave a message.02087**9841

This morning I get a call on another number,

Lady stated I had left a message.for the reason to call back.

She confirmed she was from Ace 1 ltd

I did a redial on my phone shortly afterwards and it was Newlyns PLC (01604 46**001)

Newlyns do not have my number linked with my name.

This has been going on for 9-10 months now with Newlyn

so the charges are already on £75 for each notice and £235 ,

on the largest account to take it over the £1500, and charge interest, on the whole amount,

(which did not add up as it was for more than the permitted percentage)

Leakie

Hi BA

This has been going on for 9-10 months now with Newlyn so the charges are already on £75 for each notice and £235 , on the largest account to take it over the £1500, and charge interest, on the whole amount, (which did not add up as it was for more than the permitted percentage)

Leakie

From my understanding of what you have written, you have a couple of accounts that are with Newlyn's. The compliance fee of £75 has been added to each one and a visit has been made at some time which attracted the enforcement stage fee of £235.

Fast forward to a couple of days ago, and A1 Couriers posted a note through your door. It would seem from my reading that Newlyn have used this company purely for the purpose of investigating whether or not you still reside at the property. If this is the case, then Newlyn's have done anything wrong. However, if the visit had attracted an enforcement fee of £235 then there would almost certainly be goods for complaint.

You are nearly correct,

Newlyns had added the £235 before a visit it was in the first breakdown of fees,

when I had become aware of Newlyns having the account.

You may be correct that Ace 1 couriers have been used,

just a deceptive name for an investigation company.

I called Ace 1 couriers but did not leave a message.

I then get a call the next day saying that they were Ace 1 couriers.

and that I have left a message, thus the reason for the call.

they did not ask me but name,also a different number.

Me being suspicious, hit the redial button for the call I had just received,

and it was Newlyns not the couriers,

so may be Ace 1 Couriers and Newlyn PLC are one of the same.

Hope this clears it up any confusion.

Leakie

You are nearly correct,

You may be correct that Ace 1 couriers have been used,just a deceptive name for an investigation company.

I called Ace 1 couriers but did not leave a message. I then get a call the next day saying that they were Ace 1 couriers and that I have left a message, thus the reason for the call.

they did not ask me but name,also a different number.

Me being suspicious, hit the redial button for the call I had just received, and it was Newlyns not the couriers,

so may be Ace 1 Couriers and Newlyn PLC are one of the same.

Hope this clears it up any confusion.

Leakie

I hate to be the bearer of bad news

but enforcement agents have used these 'tracing' firms for many years.

I remember when I was first started posting on here nearly 10 years ago

there were complaints about this sort of thing.

If they are used to check whether a debtor still lives at a property then there is nothing amiss.

If however, a charge was made when they visited then this would be a different matter altogether.

It is not a big issue, to me.

They did not know who they were calling ,as they could only have got my number off a call log ,

I never left any details, ( no message) so there little ploy did not work.

There must be a link, as it was Newlyns calling me the next day, making out they were the courier company.

I originally post in a different part of the forum and once I found out it was newlyns,

I posted here to give people information that this was happening.

citizen B kindly tided up the thread .

Leakie

Sorry Letsmakeamark

I do not get what you are saying

I do not think I mentioned with holding a number.

Just out of interest have Newlyns done anything wrong,

BA says no but others say they have?

I have come to the conclusion Ace 1 couriers Ltd and Newlyns are one and the same.

Leakie

Yes they have done something wrong. They are misleading people. They are not allowed to do what they did. Its written in the guidance on debt collection. The FCA takes a very dim view on it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

So how could this be proved,

Apart from someone at the FCA ringing up Ace 1 couriers and waiting for a call from Newlyns.

Even then they say they are from Ace 1 when you speak to them.

It was only because, I had there other number from the call I found out it was Newlyns.

For info. Ace 1 Couriers does not appear to have a website which would seem strange when you are in London apparently in competition with many other courier companies who do have websites. Their holding company Ace 1 marketing ltd also seems not to have a website. Both companies have only been for around 12 months.

Ms Kate Bywright is listed as the sole director for both companies and Shamil Zakki as Company Secretary living in Rickmansworth WD3 1JE.

Interestingly Newlyns Debt Collection is registered in Rickmansworth WD3 1JE.....................................

This is the reason I pose the question on the Postal site on Cag.

I could not find a web site which I thought was strange.

I found the same info as you

Ace1 has a 0208 number

Newlyns 01604 number

Leakie

It is fine to post numbers providing they are in the public domain.

They both are although the Ace number less so. Still easy to find so should be no problem.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Gave the Ace 1 number a ring just now , got the out of hours message, and hung up will wait for them to ring, then will have fun, and post up what they say.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

They may not ring back until after the weekend.

They will also ask if you had a yellow slip put through your door.

Leakie

Thanks Leakie, does it look like a DPD card but yellow?

I will make sure there is a call record app on my phone.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!