Virgin Media Broadband Bill Increase

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

Today I received a letter from Virgin Media broadband telling me that my bill will be increased by £1.75 from 1st of November. I install this broadband about three months ago. I choose the plan which will be unchanged for 24 months. Not the one which is half price and then jump into £30 per month after 12 months.

So my question is can Virgin media do this? I heard in past that offcom change its law so mobile phone comapnies can't charge more mid-contract. Is this the case with Broadband also?

I have 50MB broadband and I am paying £28.50 already for it.

thanks in advance.

The £1-75 looks like their paper bill fee. Have you registered for paperless billing?

BTW VM have a habit of adding fees regularly and not informing the customers. Also watch out for their other trick which is to give you a free Internet speed boost then charge you for the higher level. Finally if you miss a call never hit the redial the number. Try to write it down and dial it yourself. As they charge a fee for that too...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

This is normal practice for VM they ask you to be one month in advance as per T&C's. Keep an eye on the extra fee and register for online billing this is free..

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.