Housing benefit wrongly suspended

Matthew31
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could someone help with this. I have been living in this property through the council for a month now. I claim income support.

HB claim went through fine and they started paying my rent. Today though out of the blue I get a letter from them saying my HB has been stopped because I am no longer in receipt of income support.

It's false though. I still claim both carers allowance and income support. Nothing has changed at all. The day after they said my suspension of HB started, I received my 2 weekly payment of IS to my bank account.

They now want 2 months worth of bank statements (Why? They have my August bank statement already from when I made the HB claim), they want me to fill in a form titled "Use this form to claim housing benefit if your income support has stopped" (My IS hasn't stopped so if I did fill that form in, I would be lying to them) and proof of all income since I moved into this property.

What can I do? Send them a screen print of the IS and CA when it next gets paid into my account?

They have put me in the royal crap with rent because I am now in arrears.

Thanks

No worries on this

You just send the local authority an email asking to reinstate your housing benefit as their is no change in circumstances

I had the same when my claim for JSA went over to ESA.

They cancelled my housing benefit as i was no longer in receipt of JSA, even though i was now on ESA.

My housing benefit was reinstated and back in my account within two days

Just send that email with an explanation to the local authority

Send a letter recorded delivery to the housing office (And hand a copy to them as well) (Or an email with a copy of the proof of entitlement attached)

Show evidence that your IS has not stopped and that you are still in receipt. You might even be able to get a letter from the DWP faxed/emailed to you on Monday showing current entitlement. Demand they reinstate the HB ASAP

Let your landlord know. Dont panic a LL cannot seek to evict for rent arrears until you reach 8 weeks in Arrears

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Thanks both, that has put my mind at rest. I have now sent that proof off and have put a complaint in with the council on the basis that there was never any reason to suspend my HB.

The only thing I can think it is, is that before moving here, my CA and IS address was the address I lived at then. On the day of moving here, I sent in CA and IS proof which showed that previous address with my HB application form. As with DWP rules, I then notified them of my change of address to update their records. So perhaps the council searched my name and previous address and saw that nobody at that address is claiming CA and IS.

Anyway, thanks for the help, it should be sorted now