Fiance Has Just Found Out Her Previous Marriage Of 10 Years Wasn't Lawfully Carried Out Compensation Querie

Hadituptohere
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to anyone that can help

My Fiance and I have been awaiting her Decree Absolute to arrange our wedding and it has come to light that her previous marriage of 10 years wasn't lawfully carried out due to an administration error of the Registry Office.

We have been told her case is to be heard before a DJ this week to confirm that the marriage wasn't legal, and that the registry office will send out a form to complete regarding compensation that will go before a DJ to award compensation accordingly.

Does anyone know how much compensation is awarded in these matters and what can be taken into consideration at all??

Many thanks

Hadituptohere

I'm far from an expert, but learning all the time!!!!!

If i've been at all helpful please click my star.

Hadituptohere OH V Capital One, **WON**

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (providian/Monument/Barclaycard cc) - ** claim struck out ** due to non complaince of CPR, Wasted Costs applied for, Default Cost Certificate issued by Court, Warrant of excecution and CC Baliffs instructed...lol 😎

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (morgan stanley dean witter/barclays cc) - account in dispute, LBA sent to barclays, awaiting responce, no responce.

Hadituptohere V RBS, default removal x 2, case dismissed, judge used Balance of Probabilities against hard Evidence.

Hadituptohere OH v Santander, Santander issue claim in court, settled out of court via Tomlin, less solicitors fees and interest.

Difficult as i take it we are talking about divorce settlement.

Depends if the previous marriage was unlawful through deliberate fraud or an administrative error

Was that administrative error De minimis overall?

That aside the judge will still consider the couple together as a common law partnership, even though that only applies to same sex couples and not hetrosexual. Even that legislation i believe is not retrospective.

Also depends if any children were involved in the first marriage as well

I would not want to be the judge to sort this one out

Can't see the compensation being much, unless evidence of the consequential losses have been provided. I wonder how this affects many things, where it was presumed they were married e.g state pensions, life insurances, investments etc.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

My thoughts too there's always Married Tax code..

Hadituptohere

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (providian/Monument/Barclaycard cc) - ** claim struck out ** due to non complaince of CPR, Wasted Costs applied for, Default Cost Certificate issued by Court, Warrant of excecution and CC Baliffs instructed...lol 😎

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (morgan stanley dean witter/barclays cc) - account in dispute, LBA sent to barclays, awaiting responce, no responce.

Hadituptohere V RBS, default removal x 2, case dismissed, judge used Balance of Probabilities against hard Evidence.

Hadituptohere OH v Santander, Santander issue claim in court, settled out of court via Tomlin, less solicitors fees and interest.

Orbiter the divorce settlement has all been sorted, only on waiting for the decree absolute the marriage has been found to be unlawful due to the registrars administration error at that time 10

Years ago and compensation is due to the registrars error, not actual divorce proceedings

Hadituptohere

But the divorce settlement would have been settled as though they were married in a civil court. Getting wed is a civil ceromony, be it in a church or registry office. The divorce settlement is a civil proceeding.

This mght not be as simple as first thought

No mention either if children are involved with the first marriage

There are no children between my fiancé and her ex, but her ex two children that she brought up over the 10 years.

Hadituptohere

Sorry if I seem to be thinking this is to easy, we're just going of what the registry office has led us to believe.. Hence our enquiry

Hadituptohere

I don't think you would usually get compensation by completing a form. It sounds unlikely. You'd normally only get compensation by opening a civil claim against the organisation that got it wrong.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS