Extra hours worked, paid at wrong rate

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, I work term-time and sometimes during the school break I am called in to open up for workmen etc.

During the summer break I was called in for a total of 54hrs, I filled in my timesheet but when I received my wages I had been payed at the wrong rate. I phoned up my wages department and they accepted that I had been payed the wrong rate and said it would be corrected in the next pay run, which is not until the 14th October.

What I would like to know is can I ask them to pay me the shortfall straight away or am I legally obliged to wait till October for wages that were worked in July.

Thanks.

Ooo this is a toughie, legally you could ask them too and also threaten them with legal action. However how much are you missing out on?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi fkofilee, thanks for the reply.

It is not a great deal of money (£60) but nearly every month there is something wrong with my wages, either overtime not added or wrong rate payed (this can sometimes be as much as £200) and when I call it is always the same answer, that it will be sorted out in the next pay run. I would just like to know my legal right to get payed my correct wages in a timely fashion. As I am already paid monthly in arrears it can take 9 - 10 weeks for me to get my overtime.

Thanks.

who fills out the rate part of your time sheet? Do you just put your hours down and let the office do the rest or do you break it down and put the correct hourly rate on each section? If you have the opportunity to do the latter then do so and that way if someone disagrees then they will ahve to actually chance your timesheets and hopefully that will make it easier to get them corrected if they are still wrong as it will become apparent where the problem lies.