Fault accepted for repair during Manufacturers warranty but now outside warranty

RobS
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a TV 12 months and 3 weeks ago.

Since buying it I had an intermittent problem with the screen going off for about 10 seconds then on again.

I eliminated various other pieces of equipment over time then reported it to the manufacturer about 4 months into their warranty.

After following their trouble shooting procedure they accepted it was faulty and arranged an engineer repair.

When the engineer rang to arrange repair and get details I was away (this was around Christmas).

During the discussion I told him I was unsure how to reproduce the issue since it happened intermittently.

He said he would leave the case open for the time being.

The TV is not my main set so I use it very occasionally.

I forgot about the problem until more recently when I was trying to use it again and the same fault occurred.

I emailed the manufacturer back with my reference number but they now refuse to repair because it is 3 weeks out of warranty.

I realise I could approach the retailer

but I feel like the manufacturer is using a technicality to escape from an issue they have already accepted as theirs

and promised to repair onsite.

It is a lot of hassle for me to transport the TV back to the retailer for a repair and they do not have the original report logged, which the manufacturer does.

Can anyone please advise or tell me where I stand legally?

have you actually contacted the retailer ?

it might be an idea to do so

if they were to ack that ofcourse it has a fault

and ofcourse the manu ack'd it within the year

they could then give perm for the retailer to fix it?

you are covered by SOGA

and ofcourse the new http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?440-The-Consumer-Rights-Act-2015

consumer rights act

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks very much for the info.

I notice in the CRA section 30 says that a guarantee offered alongside the goods at no extra charge (manufacturers warranty) becomes legally binding but would the CRA2015 retrospectively cover a purchase made in 2014?

I will also contact the retailer but at the moment I feel this is unfair on the local shop when the manufacturer has already acknowledged the fault and agreed to send an engineer.

I had a problem with a washer dryer which was over the warranty period, I found out who the main board directors were of the parent company in Italy (Hotpoint) and emailed all of them stating the problem and that even after the period of time I wouldn't expect a problem like this to occur. I would always suggest avoiding making your complaint to customer services, go straight to the top, Directors of companies do not get complained directly to on many occasions and customer focus is probably close to the top of their priority list. It works, they replaced my washer dryer with a new one.

• 4 weeks later...