Virgin Media default - no date?

siriusb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3177 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Quick background...

I left Virgin Media due to cost of their service constantly creeping up. I left at the end of my contract. I was told I would be refunded the month in advance that I pay and I said to take any charges from that.

All agreed, I canx my DD... they start pursuing me for £20 in charges, I say this is due to come off my refund, I get contacted by BFO debt collectors, advise them the same...

I have now received an UNDATED default notice. I am gutted. Been working really hard to improve credit rating. Is the document legal without a date?

Many thanks

Is this a default notice served under 87(1) CCA 1974 or :

A notice of Default Sums??

It's the first one - no notice of default sums letter received.

Just checked my Noodle file and no sign of it on there... Loathed to pay £6 for individual reports on a bill that amounts to £20.

If you have received that notice under 87(1) they are looking to terminate the agreement and sell to a debt collector. Normally you will have 14 days from receipt to pay the amount claimed or a Credit default status will be registered with the credit agencies. That will screw you for six years

I would pay the £20.00 in charges then make a complaint in writing under their complaints procedure

They have 56 days then to give a written final response before you can elevate the complaint to the regulator

Getting a Default status over £20.00 is not an option at this time

If the document is legal without a date then I will wrestle with Virgin, if the document is not legal I will deal with both Virgin and the CRAs.

It's whether it should be dated that I am querying.

Virgin media do not need a default notice to register an account as defaulted with the credit agencies,

only to terminate the agreement

You owing the £20.00 will be seen as a fair representation on how the account has been run as a matter of "Fact"

Once you get this Credit default on your credit file it is almost impossible to remove for six years

Thank you.

I'll speak to Virgin tomorrow to try and find out why this has happened.

Am quite shocked they can send documents undated and they can have such ramifications.

How can I respond in 14 days to the default notice if there is no date??

I should point out in my town there are two roads with the same name and it's not unusual to have to put a letter meant for the other street back in the post...so dates are important!

If i were in your position i would phone Virgin media tomorrow

If you do owe £20.00 i would pay it there and then by card on the phone. That will stop any further action

Then if you wish you make a complaint as to their complaints procedure

Believe me from personal experience. Being in the financial wilderness over a default status for six years is not nice. In your case only £20.00

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Virgin Bledia, really are the pits.

Ring if you must, but unless you record your calls, then they will say it never happened.

Same goes for emails, they are extremely good at ignoring all forms of communication as and when it suits them.

If there is no date on the DN then it is faulty, but that is the least of your worries, especially if they press ahead and mark your credit files.

Ignore BPO collections, deal direct with Virgin Bledia, ensure you get the name of the clown you talk to on the other end,

date and time you called, length of convo, and keep it safe.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!