Perfect home imperfect sofa

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I don't know if anyone can help but here's my problem I bought a sofa last year from perfect home in august I know it's expensive but being sub prime it was the easiest option and within affordability anyway after 9 mths I noticed a fault on both sofas where the leather colour had worn off.

I called the branch who said they would send someone out to look at it which took 8 weeks then I had to chase up further 6 weeks later a leather repair guy came said it would need reupholstering. Then another 5 weeks I call to find out when this is getting done to be told it's being replaced once they find one in good condition? As it's a like for like replacement.

I an unhappy as I can claim on house insurance for a new replacement if that's the case. The fault was reported when I am sure sofa was under warranty so as it's a manufacturer fault I think this should be a new replacement I have adjed for details regarding sending back and terminating agreement.Have I got leg to stand on?

Edited by Conniff
added spaces

Hi harrop87.

Short answer, yet. As this is Hire Purchase, the sofa is there's and not yours. If you have paid one half or more of the total, then you can just hand it back.

Do you have any paperwork about them replacing or was it all done on the phone ?

You should write to them, (make it by recorded or they might claim they didn't receive it), and give them a date by which to replace or you will reject for a full refund under the SOGA. Say you are making 'time of the essence' and give them 14 days.

Hi harrop87.

Short answer, yet. As this is Hire Purchase, the sofa is there's and not yours. If you have paid one half or more of the total, then you can just hand it back.

Do you have any paperwork about them replacing or was it all done on the phone ?

The conversations are all telephone calls but they are now recorded calls

Some of these 'leather sofas' are not really full proper leather. They are mass manufactured in China and sold subject to massive mark ups in the UK. There was a county court case involving The Range, where they sold a 'leather sofa' which faded within months and the lady who bought it struggled to get a replacement or refund. In the end she issued a court claim under SOGA, which The Range defended and the Judge actually came to her house. He ruled in her favour and she got a full refund and costs. This was reported on another forum awhile back.

If the HP arrangement is continued paying credit to buy another replacement sofa which lasts about the same amount of time, i wonder whether it is worth it.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread