Old debt - Robinson Way

sHAYM4N
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

First post here, hoping someone can offer some greatly appreciated advice!

My girlfriend and I are hoping to look into taking a new mortgage in the next year or two, move out of our apartment and buy a house. I'm fairly recently self-employed (3 years) so that in itself is tricky but I also have old debt that could cause a problem.

I settled 2 of the accounts with debt collection agencies a couple of years ago (settled with discount - not in full), and have 2 remaining.

One from a cahoot loan I took out around 2004 (defaulted when I was out of work in 2007). Full amount owed is around £1400

Second a t-mobile bill from 2010 that I was unwilling to pay - due to the phone being stolen and a huge bill being run up. (I didn't notify them quickly enough to remove the charges apparently). With Sigma Red and around £240

The cahoot loan is now in the hands of Robinson Way, it has been passed around several DCA's and ended up with them. They left me alone for a long time, but recently started calling my home number. I am now in a position where I could pay both debts off either full or settled, but don't know whether it is worthwhile now?

I have spoke to Robinson Way the lowest they would settle for is around £1100, and they have sent me some forms out for income/expenditure that may reduce it further. They have said they would have to contact the client (Santander) with this information with a payment proposal.

Had a look around and see that it's only really time (6 years) that can remove the defaults, so checked my credit rating on Experian and it's at 999 out of 999 with 6 positive and 2 negative - 2 negative being one default account (SIGMA RED) which makes sense, being the one of the two that is under 6 years, and the other negative is that I only have a credit allowance of £500 on my credit card.

So should I pay? If I don't will Robinson Way hassle me now forever? With that debt being off my credit report and over 6 years, shouldnt my account at Santender now be closed? Are they lying about the client? I presume they just actually own this debt. I am tempted to pay the SIGMA RED now being less - just to get that off my report. I saved up enough to pay them both off tbh.

Any advice greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance

you should never be ringing any dca's

they are NOT BAILIFFS

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

paying a debt off that is onyour credit file

in the hope it will improve things is a waste of money

it DOES NOT.

if the debts are on your file and defaulted

they are there till the defaults 6th birthday paid or not.

the defaults will kill a mortgage application.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

your score looks ok mind

check another provider say noddle listed below.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

your score looks ok mind

check another provider say noddle listed below.

dx

Thanks, Noddle Reports 3/5 - "Fair" with only Sigma Red in default. Dont know the exact date of the last payment on that but will have been 2010, so guessing it should be removed by next year?

As far as the Cahoot one goes have you sent a CCA request to them yet if not you should. A template letter is in the library.. When was the last time yo paid to this account?

No, I haven't sent one as yet, but presume that's my best course of action with them? It was around August 2007 the last time anything was paid to Cahoot.

you should never be ringing any dca's

they are NOT BAILIFFS

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

paying a debt off that is onyour credit file

in the hope it will improve things is a waste of money

it DOES NOT.

if the debts are on your file and defaulted

they are there till the defaults 6th birthday paid or not.

the defaults will kill a mortgage application.

dx

Thanks, just wanted to check as my gf has been wanting me to pay these off for a while!

They rang me, but recognise their number now so will ignore (although they have said they wont contact me again until next month) whilst I fill in their "forms", which I wont.

So instead - send them a CCA you reckon?

So the one remaining default on my account (SIGMA RED) should be cleared at some point next year - so at that point neither will affect a mortgage application? It's probably going to be a year or two until we do apply anyway, whilst I accumulate some books, so I can live with that if it is the case.

so goes 06/2016

what was the debt?

dx

and they

They're called robbers way for a reason!

They deliberately target debtors and exploit their lack of knowledge spitting out puerile missives

in an attempt to mislead intimidate and threaten them into paying money they don't owe.

If they ring in future, answer it and just laugh at them before hanging up, there is zero they can do,

totally powerless to act on anything.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

no harm in ringing t mobile and asking last payment date/

CCa is no good on this one

dx

and they

Technically that Cahoot one should be gone anyway if defaulted in 07...

Sigma Red sound right for TMo...

Do you accept the debt? Is it due in your eyes?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis