ESA assessment rate still 15 months later

Shelley181146
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A relative has approached me to ask for help with their ESA claim as they are still only in receipt of ESA at the assessment rate after 15 months.

From the information I have it appears that they were claiming as a sole claimant in their own right initially. Then she advised that she was in a relationship and the claim was adjusted to reflect and became a joint claim. During this time, in order for her to maintain her own N.I Contributions she was to attend a medical appointment with ATOS. However, the first appointment conflicted with a family court hearing and they sent out a new date. The second medical appointment actually fell on a Bank Holiday and I took her there myself and the doors were locked and no one was answering the telephones. The DWP made no effort of apologiy and a further appointment alledgedly was sent out, albeit was never received.

The relationship ended and she made a new claim in her own right in May 2014

From a timescale point of view, this relative has been on E.S.A. Assessment rate ever since and DWP have made no effort to arrange a new medical appointment for her. She has Mental Health issues and is unable to budget due to her capacity. This is causing severe distress and I am seeking your advice as to what legalities are available as ATOS are no longer involved. How can we get this situation moving?

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

First, have you spoken to DWP? You'd probably need your relative with you so they could answer security questions and give permission for you to speak for them. Be warned that when I've done this, the DWP operator has sometimes tried to continue the conversation direct with the claimant, so make him/her aware in advance that should this happen, they can just pass the phone to you and there is no need for them to respond.

Not so long ago, 15 months waiting for an assessment wouldn't have been at all unusual (I waited 2 years) but I though things had improved. If speaking to DWP (try to record the call if you can, if you can't note the date, time and name of the operator and follow up with a letter 'confirming the telephone call of') doesn't provide any information/progress then you might need to speak to the relative's MP and/or make an official complaint, all of which will of course take months.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

First, have you spoken to DWP? You'd probably need your relative with you so they could answer security questions and give permission for you to speak for them. Be warned that when I've done this, the DWP operator has sometimes tried to continue the conversation direct with the claimant, so make him/her aware in advance that should this happen, they can just pass the phone to you and there is no need for them to respond.

Not so long ago, 15 months waiting for an assessment wouldn't have been at all unusual (I waited 2 years) but I though things had improved. If speaking to DWP (try to record the call if you can, if you can't note the date, time and name of the operator and follow up with a letter 'confirming the telephone call of') doesn't provide any information/progress then you might need to speak to the relative's MP and/or make an official complaint, all of which will of course take months.

Thank you RMW.

I have previously done as you have suggested and all phone calls have been recorded.

I have got in touch with her MP and have spoken directly with a compalints manager at DWP who seems to have dealt with some of the issues we have outstanding. However, as always, some infromation gets lost in translation/communication and I will have to follow up again.

Things have improved in some areas but I guess its just about who you happen to get on the other end of the phone line when you call the DWP.

I guess I will just have to put my persistant hat on and get these clowns to sit up and listen better. :madgrin:

Thank you for your input.

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend