style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I receive the following email from a friend this afternoon and am passing it on as requested:

This is intended for any Talktalk broadband customers – pass on if you know of anyone who is one please.

Around lunchtime today I received a call from a young lady purporting to be from Talktalk.

She told me my name and address and went on to tell me about my computer generating errors on the network.

This [problem] is usually used by people who say they are “Microsoft Engineers”.

As you know the Carphone Warehouse has been hacked recently and I suspect the info they had on me was from that source.

Anyway as this is a new one on me I thought I would pass it on – just in case you are taken in by these rogues.

I asked her if she knew about criminals and how they spent their time in jail, after a bit of this dialogue she hung up.

Talktalk helpline confirmed it was a sc*mmer

I had a call supposedly from Talk Talk telling me I had to change my PC as they had a 'global network problem with internet'. As I was using the internet at the time I told them to get lost - they told me to ring Talk Talk to confirm and gave me a reference no - I called Talk Talk from another phone and it wasn't them.

I've changed passwords and don't have any direct debits going out so nobody can access my bank account.

I think when a breach is discovered instead of fining the company a global 3 months free service should be applied to every customers account - would hurt them a lot more.

Talk Talk has been taken over by EE, haven't they ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Talk Talk's customer service is appalling, they pass you round the houses and when you get something done somebody else un does it.

Talk Talk bought out Tiscali back in 2009. In doing so, they inherited Tiscali's diabolical customer support network and also screwed over countless customers, so much so, Ofcom slapped them with a £3million fine.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

• 1 month later...
Guest TalkTalk Offical Company Rep

Hi All,

We are aware of the [problem] calls where the caller pretends to be from TalkTalk. This [problem] has seen many variations from us, to BT, Microsoft among others.

You can report this to us directly by following the process in the [problem] Calls help article (http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/[problem]-phone-calls)

Regards

Mark

Social Customer Care

TalkTalk

Hi All,

We are aware of the [problem] calls where the caller pretends to be from TalkTalk. This [problem] has seen many variations from us, to BT, Microsoft among others.

You can report this to us directly by following the process in the [problem] Calls help article (http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/[problem]-phone-calls)

Regards

Mark

Social Customer Care

TalkTalk

Hi,

Sometimes we get links that have the word s c a m in them. CAG autoreplaces that word with [problem] which is why lots of links won't work.

The easiest way around this is to have a tinyurl link in your toolbar. I have and have converted the link to this (which does work)

http://tinyurl.com/q2fbrab

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Guest TalkTalk Offical Company Rep
Hi,

Sometimes we get links that have the word s c a m in them. CAG autoreplaces that word with [problem] which is why lots of links won't work.

The easiest way around this is to have a tinyurl link in your toolbar. I have and have converted the link to this (which does work)

http://tinyurl.com/q2fbrab

Hi Silverfox,

Thanks for that, I wasnt aware of the autovalidation on that word so I'll make sure that's something we are aware of in the future.

We tend to use full URL's rather than shortened ones, as our help articles have vanity URL's which give a preview of the content.

Cheers

Mark