Dyson :-(

jjandbump
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I paid £299 for a DC50 from Isme catalogue, paid it in full when the statement came in.

The vacuum is terrible its flimsy, it doesn't collect pet hair like it says and its generally poor.

I have been passed from pilar to post, Isme say its nothing to do with them, and Dyson say that I am to contact the retailer.

It is not fit for purpose nor useable for the expected standard nor has it been used for a expected used of time. was delivered early june opened mid july and have called and reported this several times.

Can anyone help with who is going to be responsible for helping me!

Under Sale of Goods act the retailer is generally responsible. Sometimes for vacuum cleaners for reasons of hygene retailers refuse to take them back and you are told to contact the manufacturer.

Check the box and paperwork that came with the vacuum to see what it says in regard to product returns due to faults.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

how would you know what the rights are in respect of if it is the manufacturer or the supplier?

Your rights under SOGA are with the retailer, as that is who the contract is with. However, sometimes the manufacturer will have an arrangement to deal with issues on behalf of the retailer.

For example, had you bought a Vax from Argos, Vax helpline would have been helpful in trying to resolve your issue.

What you need to do is pinpoint specific issues with the vacuum which are covered under SOGA e.g it is not working properly with a lack of power to pick up pet hairs. Not fit for purpose as a vacuum should be able to perform this task.

Don't just make it sound like you just don't like the vacuum e.g flimsy. Be specific. Complain in writing to the retailer in the first instance.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread