1st credit threatening legal action on Barclaycard debt bought 2006

merlin1311
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please guys could you help me to try and manage the situation that I have 14 days to sort out or be threatened with alleged Court ACTION.

1st Credit have sent me a threatening letter stating that a debt they bought from Barclaycard in 2006 needs to be paid or Court action pending.

I have no recollection when I made a payment towards this debt and am not sure what I should do. ##

Please advise what would be the next step as I have only 14 days.

Send a CCA Request to them. Unless youve already done this.

Send a £1 Postal order along with a letter stating that you want a copy and let them faf around for it.

Its your legal right to request a CCA.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Please guys could you help me to try and manage the situation that I have 14 days to sort out or be threatened with alleged Court ACTION.

1st Credit have sent me a threatening letter stating that a debt they bought from Barclaycard in 2006 needs to be paid or Court action pending.

I have no recollection when I made a payment towards this debt and am not sure what I should do. ##

Please advise what would be the next step as I have only 14 days.

Have you made any payments or admitted to owing it in writing within the last 6 years ?

Do not believe these threatening letters giving deadlines. Standard letters. If they have had the debt since 2006 it is not that urgent.

If you have not paid anything in the last 6 years then it would be statute barred, so could not be enforced in a court. But you must keep an eye on post and come back for advice if a court claim is issued.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The debt is a Barclaycard Mastercard debt.

Whats annoying is they also have a Visa Card debt but want to offer me 90% discount that would have been purchased at the same time.

Mastercard debt is £1k and Visa debt £700

if you cannot say for certain that you have not had ppi or overlimit or late payment charges (And this is a credit card) then a SAR to Barclays might be worth a £10 punt

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

The debt is a Barclaycard Mastercard debt. Whats annoying is they also have a Visa Card debt but want to offer me 90% discount that would have been purchased at the same time. Mastercard debt is £1k and Visa debt £700

Roughly when did you last make any payment ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I believe I had PPI charges repaid on the debt about 3 years ago. Does that make any difference. I chased Barclays and they repaid me a lump sum.

Does not count as your payment. When did you make any payment yourself ?

I honestly cant remember How could I find out. It seems so long ago.

Was it in the last 6 years ?

Would you have paid a debt collection agency or only Barclaycard ? If you have only ever paid Barclaycard, you could check with them.

If you really have no clue, you could send 1st credit a CCA request and see what they come back with.

Sar

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

90% discount!!

well ignore them on the other debt that's for sure.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have sent a SAR request to Ist Credit as they told me I have until 24th August to contact them or Court action will be started by their Legal Department.

I have looked through previous mail from these cowboys and found would you believe it a letter in April offering me 70% discount on the debt if I paid it by end of April.

They even offered me 10% if I paid it by end of last month.

Would a company threatening anyone with Court really offer such discounts?

What should I do - should I email them to let them know by tomorrow my intentions?

1st Credit Ltd threatening Court Action from Barclaycard DEBT bought in 2006.

I have sent a SAR letter yesterday by recorded delivery.

This is because 1st Credit Ltd said that if they did not receive a request by Monday 24th August to contact them then they will instruct Solicitors to commence Court action.

These threats over the last few months have caused great distress to my family. I am concerned these cowboys are going to ruin my credit file.

I have looked through previous mail from these cowboys and found would you believe it a letter in April offering me 70% discount on the debt if I paid it by end of April. They have continued to send me over 6 letters a month.

They even offered me 10% if I paid it by end of last month. Would a company threatening anyone with Court really offer such discounts? I am concerned about they are forcing my hand.

What should I do - should I email them to let them that I have sent a SAR yesterday. I am concerned if i dont contact them by tomorrow them will take Court steps.

Stop worrying. FInd out when that last payment was made. Im guessing the debt is well and truely statute barred, and theyre just trying to threaten you.

They even offered me 10% if I paid it by end of last month. Would a company threatening anyone with Court really offer such discounts?

100% yes. Thats how their business operates. A 90% discount means the debt is well and truely unenforceable. They could have the paperwork, the debt may have nothing to reclaim, but since they have had it since 2006 and youve made no payments or written ack that the debt is yours 9 please check those things asap), then theres nothing they can do, although they may try, just to call your bluff.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

why have you sent a DCA an SAR , waste of time

you really should never ever send a DCA anything

they are NOT BAILIFFS

and have no such legal powers.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

Can you say when you last made a payment on this account?

Some will say that offering up to 70% discount means there is something wrong. They could just as easily want to get the debt off their books ASAP so they offer a discount which gets them the money it cost them plus a small profit.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Find out when your last payment was and stop panicking. They have had 9 years to do something.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Merlin,

What does your CRA report show for either of these CCard a/c's.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Neither Barclaycards show on my Credit Reports. 1st Credit said they have 2 accounts Mastercard and Visa card from Barclays. One with debt £1k the one they are threatening Court with and the other with £750 and offering me 70% discount before end of August.

Im panicing they ARE GOING TO RUIN MY CREDIT FILE AGAIN.

If neither card a/c is showing on your CRA files, it may suggest they are Statute Barred.

It's really important that you find out the date you last paid anything to either a/c. This is crucial to getting 1stCredit off your back.

If you have old bank or CCard statements, you should go through them to see if you can find this info.

Otherwise, the SAR to BC should give you the data you need on both a/c's.

Don't panic about this - instead, concentrate on fighting them effectively.

:-)

Edited by slick132
typo

We could do with some help from you

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

When was it last paid if before August2009, would surely be SB. Have you acknowleged the debt to them?

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Sorry for the delay in responding i have received another letter from 1st Credit stating that if I do not respond to them by Friday 28th then their Legal department will start formal legal process.

I do not know when payments were last made to them and no records have ever been sent to me stating this. This debt does not appear on my credit file and was wiped off after 6 years in 2012.

Please advise me