Amazon orders/Compliment

obiter dictum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Amazon do get some stick at times with their delivery charges and trying to get you to sign up to Amazon Prime, but this time i paying them a compliment

I have just ordered a TV wall bracket and paid with my debit card. I also have a cash-plus pre-paid registered as well.

Payment was made against my debit card by default. Shock horror, i should have changed it to the pre-paid master card as i have a direct debit going out tomorrow

I have just found out Amazon do not debit or put a restriction on your card until the item has been dispatched in case people change their minds and wish to cancel their orders

Way to go Amazon and i have just cancelled with no issues and re-ordered with the correct card details

I've just used "Amazon now" for the first time.

Ordered 8am on Sunday, delivery slot 10.00-12.00, arrived 11.10 !

Naturally there are some limitations (min. Order £20 total, only includes items on Prime & that are in stock in a nearby warehouse), but worked well for me!

I realise prime do free movie streaming like NowTv etc as well as free next day delivery

I am just deciding if £80 a year is worth it

When I was working in Northern Ireland in 2013 (I believe you are based there now?) I was in a BT (Belfast) postcode but they still added an extra day for delivery times quoted for every item on Prime.

The items that came Royal Mail didn't seem to take the extra day, but the items sent by courier did (mostly!).

You might want to factor that in (or, at least check with someone already using Prime in NI to see if that is still the case)

It depends on how much you order from Amazon, £3.99 or £4.99 a couple of times a month soon mounts up - for me it is easier to pay the Prime subscription price and have stuff delivered the next day - a lot of items I order from Amazon aren't available locally in the shops.

I put an order into Amazon and realised I used wrong account card, so put cancellation in within 8+ hours due to wrong card used, (item not picked but would be delivered in 5 - 7 days) only to be told by E-Mail that it was too late, then I could not fine Contact Telephone number to ring them,.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Dear XXXXX XXXX,

Your order has been successfully cancelled. For your reference, here is a summary of your order:

You just cancelled order XXXX XXXXXXX placed on 23 Aug. 2015.

1 of VonHaus Ultra Slim Design Wall Bracket for 26-55 inch LCD/LED/Plasma TV Max VESA 400x400mm Weight Capacity 40kgs

Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

Because you only pay for items when we ship them to you, you won't be charged for any items that you cancel.

Thank you for visiting Amazon.co.uk.

I have amazon prime - being disabled I order online for a lot of things and it works out cheaper for me ordering through amazon and using prime. as a bonus you also get access to prime video streaming, plus they just introduced prime music, and I think I get a free book a month (from a selection of 5) before it gets released. Works for me, but depends on your usage.

I don't think I've ever had a late prime delivery.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

I don't think I've ever had a late prime delivery.

Sadly, I've had quite a few late.

I've had deliveries not delivered as "there was no one there".... For places that are open and manned 24 hours (& that are obviously so from the nature of the site!)

Mind you, I've been given a month's free extension of my Prime membership each time .......

Sadly, I've had quite a few late.

I've had deliveries not delivered as "there was no one there".... For places that are open and manned 24 hours (& that are obviously so from the nature of the site!)

Mind you, I've been given a month's free extension of my Prime membership each time .......

I'm housebound, so I'm always at home, so that might make a difference - also a regular courier and residential address probably helps too.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop