Ashley Madison: Betting site offers odds on who will be exposed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

BOOKIES OFFERS ODDS ON WHO'LL BE CAUGHT

...........ON ASHLEY MADISON

London 19TH august: Members of adultery website Ashley Madison will be shaking in their

stockings after hackers reportedly released data containing their names and personal details.

With cheating spouses on red alert, Paddy Power has opened up the betting on who might be

nabbed for a naughty night under the sheets.

The bookmaker offers 1/10 for a Premier League footballer to score an own goal and be named,

while it's 1/4 for a MP, or a regal 5/6 for a mischievous member of the Royal Family.

Paddy even gives 6/1 for a record number of divorces in the UK in 2015, while it's now 5/2 that

Madison will hold its IPO in London this year.

Paddy Power said: "I've honestly only just heard about this website but the snake is firmly out of

the trousers on this one and millions could be caught up in the scandal."

Who will be revealed?

1/10 A Premier League footballer

1/4 An MP

2/1 A Roman Catholic Cardinal

5/6 A member of the British royal family

7/1 A cast member of TOWIE

Ashley Madison Fallout

6/1 2015 to break the record for highest number of UK divorces

The bookmaker offers 1/10 for a Premier League footballer to score an own

goal and be named, while it’s 1/4 for a MP, or a regal 5/6 for a mischievous

member of the Royal Family.

Paddy even gives 6/1 for a record number of divorces in the UK in 2015,

while it’s now 5/2 that Madison will hold its IPO in London this year.

Never mind that Ashley Madison didn't bother verifying email addresses, so the

existence of someone's details in the database doesn't actually prove anything, eh?

That means anyone could have created an account using the email address of a top

footballer, politician or - yes - member of the Royal household.

Paddy Power may be finding the situation funny, but just think of the potential human cost

of a data breach like this.

We shouldn't be too quick to jump to conclusions. Even if account details are genuine,

their existence is no proof that someone had an affair behind their partner's back.

I have seen that. People joining up to view profiles and you don't have to pay anything unless you want to use the site to communicate with others. So yes you could set up a profile as The Pope with a fake email address and it would be allowed, until someone found it to report, causing it to be deleted.

I found it interesting seeing who was on such sites. I saw someone registered on such a site that i once worked with and the last time i knew them they were married with kids.

Don't join any such sites thinking it would ever remain confidential. All of them allow email join ups to view members, without having to register credit cards or identity info.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread