gumtree seller of white goods - Do not deal with this person

Pheebs_t
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been done over by this company which sells off dryers which don't work for a hefty sum

(considering that it is a second hand, possibly third hand dryer which doesn't work).

The seller attempted to replace the first dryer which she has sold me with another in what said was an effort to 'repair the dryer'

(I requested for her to perform her part when she promised a 2 months guarantee, well that went to didn't it).

The second dryer didn't work either and when I sent her a message she never replied.

She sells on Gumtree and goes by this number: ...............

And all I was thinking of is just getting a cheap dryer sorted out as I would only need it for less than a year (11 months to be precise)

as I'm only renting the place where I live now.

I'm aware that I could lodge a complaint through the Ombudsman (Furniture, Adjudicator, or ASA -under retail goods).

However I would also want to share this in my effort to stop other people from having to deal with such unprofessional people.

I understand what the consequences of her replacing my initial dryer would be

but as far as I know it does not constitute acceptance as the dryer did not fit the purpose for which it was sold

and I did not keep it with me for a long time before making a complaint

(it has only been 4 days since I the dryer was delivered to me). :x

I have sent her two long messages which she never replied to and called her around 10 times.

She dealt with my initial complaint about the first dryer,

but she was cunning enough to use the pretence of fixing the dryer to come and replace it with a second non-functioning one.

Since then she never replied me or picked up any of my calls. :mad2:

I've wasted a £100 pounds dealing with her and buying a non-functioning dryer.

Wished I spent it on a cheap but small new dryer in the first place.

so the name of the company is?

if you are unhappy

then you are covered by the sale of goods act

and other legislation.

the other aspect is how di you pay..by a card?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I was conned by a gumtree seller but with a more sophisticated method and I wonder if it's the same person.

They sell second hand white goods and if you collect they give you the address of a genuine furniture shop in harrow where there's no place to park.

So you call them once you're there and they tell you to go at the back.

There's a large private storage facility there and they meet you to exchange faulty goods for cash.

When I bought the dryer they plugged it in and it worked.

However once home and with damp clothes in it, it leaked badly.

No way of contacting them again.

The dryer had been open by some diyer and the water tray had been destroyed in the process.

I went to the shop and the fella running it explained that he gets tens of people trying to catch them but he's not connected to them and he doesn't sell white goods.

Basically they rent the storage at the back and use his address to take money off people.

The furniture shop guy said that he had reported it to the police but they've done nothing.

He also said that some people wait invane for these guys to "speak" to them but he thinks that they have some sort of surveillance on site to make sure they have clear way.

They change telephone number every week, so unless someone is determined to dig them out of gumtree and meet and "greet" them, they'll get away with it.

so the name of the company is?

if you are unhappy

then you are covered by the sale of goods act

and other legislation.

the other aspect is how di you pay..by a card?

dx

I'm aware she has a store which sells secondhand dryers (hence my explanation that she is a professional conman- I don't think I'm the first person she's tricked) which is in Shildon, Durham.

I paid by Cash. Very smart of her to ask for Cash as this meant I have no proof of payment, save for a small receipt she wrote me.

I hope I am covered by the SOGA but I think the process will take a long time. I'm more concerned with the unfairness of the situation to be fair and I want to make sure I could bring her to court if I have to.

This is so bad. I have no idea Gumtree is literally a website for all these con artists. What makes it worse is that so many others get tricked and NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE ABOUT THIS. Can you believe it? My goodness. I'm so impressed at how efficient these con artists are!

What happened is that a woman picked up. She operates in a way that she rushes me to confirm if I want a dryer by stating that she is doing a delivery down my way on that day and that I'd have to quickly confirm with her. She then rushes over, leaves the dryer, and rushes off (I took note that its a few people thats operating with her, not her by herself). When I complained, she sends someone else to replace the dryer and then disappears.

you are covered under soga

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

At least there's an address you can send the paperwork to.

More than con artist I'm inclined to think that she's not too wise in picking and testing her stock and when she gets a lemon she flogs it hoping that people will disappear after a couple of unanswered calls.

Still, despicable!