Npower again ... From their own Facebook page

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

9+

npower

Who do you call when the lights go out? Here are all the answers and more http://bit.ly/1FV7SEl

Timeline Photos · 11 June ·

View Full Size · Send as message · Report Photo

Comment

5 people like this.

View previous comments…

Jane Trodden

Good luck Mark, make sure it comes with legal guarantee they'll never contact you again

Like · Reply · More · 1 July

Jane Trodden

Once upon a time......

Jane Trodden

...a woman decided to have her gas and electric provided by NPower. A silly mistake on her behalf, not the best supplier, but a quick and easy solution....

Jane Trodden

When she had more time she rectified her mistake, choosing a superior supplier and terminating her contract with NPower....in 2013!

Jane Trodden

A few months later, early 2014, NPower advised her of the credits on her account, apologised for the delay and refunded her all credits owed

Jane Trodden

To her amazement, a couple of months later, NPower sent her another letter. Apologising again for their delay and agreeing to write off outstanding amounts as a result....(hold on, did you not just credit me refunds, what write offs, oh well must be sorted now)

Jane Trodden

...and she lived happily ever...a year

Jane Trodden

almost, until she got a bill in Feb 2015 saying she owed NPower £179.62...she was confused

Jane Trodden

Hold on (she thought) they refunded me money (along with an apology for the delay) then wrote off money (she never knew she owed)

Jane Trodden

All of a sudden, they want me to give them £179.62!

Jane Trodden

Then another letter saying she owed £89

Jane Trodden

Clearly a lot of nonsense (she thought) submit a complaint, thehy'll surely work it out.....NOT!

Jane Trodden

And onto present day....

Jane Trodden

Numerous complaints submitted, none answered! A few letters completely avoiding the issues, and suggesting I should be happy its resolved....

Jane Trodden

....when I respond I'm not happy, it's not resolved, they open a new complaint!

Jane Trodden

Even offered to pay the £89 if I get a letter from their legal dept that they will never contact me again...but that's a 'different department'

Jane Trodden

and the letters threatening legal action continue...

Jane Trodden

Until I ring...again...another hour of my life lost...told It has to go through complaints...get a letter saying they've 're-opened' the complaint they've never answered...get a letter from complaints that says they need more info....ring again...another 30 mins of my life lost....to be told.....

Jane Trodden

they don't need any more info....the letter was a ruse to get me to ring to tell me they have answered my complaint (THEY REALLY HAVEN'T) that they sent it to get me to ring so they can tell me to pay £89!

Jane Trodden

once again...i say...send me a letter from legal dept, with guarantee you and your disgusting company will never contact me again....and i'll pay £89

Jane Trodden

You need to understand that we ALL HAVE LIVES, ALL OF YOUR CUSTOMERS HAVE FAR MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO DO, NOT DEAL WITH YOUR COMPLETE AND UTTER INCOMPETENCE!

Like · 3 · Reply · More · 1 July

Jane Trodden

wish I could offer a 'happy ever after' ending to my story...but not!

George Anastassiou

just had the pleasure of phoning npower to make a payment again today, now looking for valium due to their constant inabilities to actually do what's asked or to read notes. sick fed up

Edited · Like · 3 · Reply · More · 2 July

2 replies

Wayne Crawley

Is this the correct contact details? Only i have sent three emails now and have yet to receive any form of response?

Like · Reply · More · 2 July

npower

Hi Wayne, I can see you were contacted on 30.6.15. I can… More

See all 13 replies

Jackie Jones

Absolute incompetent idiots!

Like · 2 · Reply · More · 3 July

Jackie Jones

This company should not be allowed to operate

Like · Reply · More · 3 July

Abigail Pienaar

Thankyou for consistently sending us the wrong bills and managing to lose track of the £500 lump sum we paid you ,despite it being 'in the notes' for our account. Absolutely disgusted with the incompetency of your service.

Patch Scales, Matthew Cole, Sarah Whyatt

Edited · Like · 5 · Reply · More · 3 July

3 replies

Polly Taylor

We've had problem after problem with Npower. At one point they moved us out of our house (on their account system) and even moved somebody else in. Because of Npowers mistakes and failing to resolve them promptly we ended up hundreds of pounds in debt!

Edited · Like · Reply · More · 4 July

npower

Hi Polly, hmmm strange! I'm over on DM If you can provide further details? ^Laura

Sarah Collett

So far, actual Npower staff have told me on the phone since trying to sort an ongoing query from Feb "if you don't think you owe the money just ignore our letters" "your account is in a bit of a mess isn't it, no wonder you don't trust it's right" "we have issues being understaffed but we are recruiting to rectify this" "ah yes we have a routing error on our system, please call back on the same number, press option 2 again and you should get the right department" "it would be impossible for a flat of your size to have used that much electricity so something must be wrong" ........I am about to bill NPower £100 an hour for every hour I have been on hold. Full letter is going to watchdog, newspapers, ombudsmen, npower directors. I have been ill advised, miss sold in order to retain me as a customer, lied to, written to with letters my 5 year old could have written better and had admissions that npower have cocked up from npower staff. I have made an appointment with my doctor for stress purely related to this issue. Does anyone at Npower care? Um no! If I ran my company this disgustingly I would go out of business. Shameful.

Like · 1 · Reply · More · 4 July

npower

Hi Sarah, this doesn't sound like a great experience. I am on… More

See all 2 replies

Del Raemon Goodier

So Npower your customer service stinks, 3 times I have spoken to someone on your live chat 2 times they have decided to end that chat mid conversation..

I have been a customer since November and never had a bill even though I have asked for one. (Yes that's right I want to pay you, although after all the stress you have caused I'm not sure why)

Anyway. I was asked to send my meter readings in which I did I then contacted someone for my bill who told me there was a problem generating it and it would take up to 30 days to get fixed. 30 days pass and no bill.

I then get a text to say you want my meter readings again which I supply you with.

I jumped on to live chat again and spoke to someone who didn't understand what I was wanting to do. Who said I hadn't spoken to anyone previously - I then pretty much had to beg them to read the previous transcript to get an idea of what I was wanting to do.

There was no outcome to the chat as the person I was speaking to decided to end that chat which frustrated me even more.

Not only am I dreading this bill as I assume it will be high, but you set the wrong DD amount up and you have been taking half of the amount you should have been.

I have tweeted you 3 times in total to try and get someone to contact me but I got nothing back.

So all in all I'm pretty annoyed and confused about this company. Your customer service stinks and you don't want customers to pay you for the gas and electric we have used.

Well if I don't get a reply or someone doesn't contact me by Monday and I don't receive a bill by Friday I take it that you don't want any money off me therefore I will cancel my DD and change supplier.

I can't be dealing with amateurish companies like yourselves this is the 21st century we live in, we can put man on the moon which takes anything up to 3 days why on earth is it taking you nearly 2 months to give me a bill?

Edited · Like · Reply · More · 4 July

npower

Oh dear let me take a look at this for you Del!… More

See all 3 replies

Ashley Brown

Immediate action needed: I am owed £789.20! Because of your delay in sorting my bill for over 18 months and then creating a bill for the above amount, which you have subsequently stated is incorrect and is actually £38, and sending me letters constantly stating that I owe you this £789.20 along with court orders and threat of debt companies and the understandable stress and possibility of affecting credit rating I paid the full amount. Once I paid this to stop the letters you then replied stating I owed £38 but because of the delay in sorting my bill you have credited my account which means you owe me my £789.20!!! I have been waiting 3 weeks for your complaints team to reply to this and refund me the money. If I do not get a complete refund within 10 days I will contact my MP. I have already referred this to the energy ombudsman.

Like · 1 · Reply · More · 5 July

2 replies

Paul Burne

Npower should now be fined for its rubbish customer service

Like · Reply · More · 6 July

1 reply

Marcus Black

npower have overcharged me by £1,446.91. I have pointed this out to them and apparently they think the appropriate response is to ignore me.

2 replies

Bex Lloyd

I have been ignored as well a few times actually...finally get through after 50mins on hold to get a snotty woman who spoke over me then ignored me completely! I have never known such incompetence....quick enough to threaten legal action can't actually reply to simple emails! I thought leaving was the best thing I ever did 5 months later I'm still paying the price. Disgusting! It's not hard to be polite on the phone and actually try to help instead of changing the subject and palming you off....

Teresa Hayes

Finally got my estimated bill for 6 weeks of service after 18 months of faffing about because of no accurate meter readings when I moved in. I am insulted by Npower and their attitude to their customers. Letter received after complaint to say they would be finally sending estimated bill, bill sent a few days later, second letter the following day to remind me to pay, even though they must surely know I would not have received the estimated bill yet and the final insult today. a telemessage letter telling me to get in touch regarding payment sent on THE DAY I PAID VIA THEIR AUTOMATED SYSTEM. I have never had to deal with so much incompetence from one company.

Like · 4 · Reply · More · 6 July

Peter Lempens

Well Andrew Bircher looks like you are on a real winner deserting Scottish Power.. I thought you said Npower had great customer service? Read these comments you peanut.. And you described it as " my best move this year"..

You are nothing but a troll who needs to pay your bills on time . Good luck Npower, Andrew will do a runner soon.. He has been running his whole life..

Christopher Colin

Like · Reply · More · 7 July

4 replies

npower

Hi Bex, this doesn't sound good Can you please send your account details over on a private message so I can help? ^Jen

Like · Reply · More · 7 July

3 replies

Fiona McLellan

They are disgustingly incompetent and rude. I have just gone round in a complete circle and back where I started . glad I am moving house and will deal with another supplier. Anyone will be better than npower

Like · 5 · Reply · More · 7 July

John Gailey

Just don't bother - if you need anything attended to, then you'll just find yourself in a world of circular phone calls and missed appointments. Luckily if you are self employed then you can use the precedent of Payling v npower to sue to recoup your losses. In the meanwhile move to a competent supplier.

Like · Reply · More · 10 July

Vanessa Brown

My parents have moved to a competent supplier. STILL getting threatening letters and phonecalls, even after things were supposedly settled. Can't get away from them, even when they try.

Like · Reply · More · 15 July

npower

Hi Vanessa, please get your parents to get in contact with us… More

See all 6 replies

Joy Marson

Not Npower obviously!

Like · Reply · More · 16 July

Adrian Leone

Not much hpoe of that happening, Just PR talk

Like · Reply · More · 20 July

Jasmine Taylor

Here I am here I am, where are you?

Like · Reply · More · 23 July

Jon Beill

What have you done since the lights went out on your business years ago?

Like · 1 · Reply · More · 23 July

Kelly Toon

Just like to say stop f-ing calling me I've been diagnosed with cancer and having treatment so no I won't be doing my own meter readings. You want them you send someone round and don't bother estimating them because I'll go to watchdog and the press. Ta.

Like · Reply · More · 13 August at 18:11

npower

Hi Kelly, I'm sorry to hear this. If you can pop your account… More

See all 3 replies

N Power Rip Off

if any one would like the personal addresses of the guys who run this part of npower who don't give you help and send out the final warnings feel free to drop me a msg all the addresses where gotten legaly within 10 mins of looking them up

power to the people time to go see them and see how they like people knocking on there doors for no reason

Like · Reply · More · Yesterday at 15:18

Write a comment...

https://m.facebook.com/npowerofficial/photos/a.458948164151561.113457.453780661334978/913197612059945/?type=1&comment_id=943978288981877&offset=0&total_comments=462&src=email_notif

Anyone like to tell those people to come here for help.

Oh look

Graham Lipsham

Why not go directly to the top - paul.massara@rwenpower.com bombard him with your complaints, it's all his fault as he is the man at the top.

Like · Reply · Edit · 8 minutes ago

Graham Lipsham

If you need help on your bills, http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/ you won't be ignored on there.

Oh look

Graham Lipsham

Why not go directly to the top - paul.massara@rwenpower.com bombard him with your complaints, it's all his fault as he is the man at the top.

Like · Reply · Edit · 8 minutes ago

Graham Lipsham

If you need help on your bills, http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/ you won't be ignored on there.

something wrong with the link, connif ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58955[/ATTACH]

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This one.. ^^^^

I don't do Facebook. When they went public, I cancelled my membership and they were really unpleasant about it .. told me I would never be allowed to register again !! So stuff them!!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Okay, heres the deal, can anyone , left power over a year and half , was on prepayment, no debt, on and off over the last year , power have sent several threatograms, saying I owed them over £2900 !!, after several calls to them , they advised problem their side, no apology, then silence, then the letters start again, i did complain via their website this time, and they sent a letter out saying to disregard the last threatogram,however in the meantime they have also passed the debt to those good old threat boys moor croft, who are constantly calling, sending threatograms, offering payment plans , now i really want to make an example of this...because I think it needs it , any ideas on moving forward, do i SAR moorcroft first ? i do not want ignore, i want an example made of, for all the hassle, threatograms etc, oh and npower's incompetence

We had trouble with Npower when they tried to charge us for an account that did not b elong to us, They looked on the land registry register and took our name and address from there and then applied the account to us (it belonged to the neighbor who sold his house for his tenants for the passageway lights), the new owner told Npower it was not his account, so they did the dirty trick on us.

After hours of speaking to very unpleasant and downright rude staff, I emailed the COE several times, those emails were ignored.

Many more letters and threatening demands for statutory payments.

In the end I told them to shove their letters where the sun dont shine, and if they want any money from me then to issue me with a county court claim and I would be more than happy for a judge to decide who owes who money.

After that threat by me they advised going to the ombudsman, after several weeks we got an apology from Npower, the account was closed with no payment owed, and we were given £100 good will gesture from Npower.

Not sure the 100 quid was worth all the hassle and frustration though from thoroughly unpleasant and disgusting staff.

I have come to the conclusion after several problems with big companies that its best not to argue with them .. but to slap them with a county court summons, or the threat of letting a judge decide. Seems to get the job done.

I'll bet the £100 was 'not' voluntary but because the ombudsman told them to.

I so agree with your last sentence, not enough people resort to the courts, probably because there is an aire of mystery and a fear of cost, but a normal county court case isn't that expensive at all.

Edited by Conniff
Correct typo