JSA and pregnancy

frosty86
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody :-D

I'm new to CAG as of today,and i just wondered if anybody could give me some advice

- or just tell me it's hormones that are making me irrational!

I'm reaching my 20th week of pregnancy and I am in receipt of JSA.

I usually attend fortnightly sign on appointments and I do all my job searches,check local paper,internet search,ask family and friends etc, to the letter.

I have no problem with that, it is my duty to do so as this is the deal, I look for work and the DWP help me out by not letting me starve.

I'm homeless and I'm having such difficulty finding somewhere its a joke,

I'm sofa surfing and its a massive pain in the buttox,especially with a bump.

Last week i was told I'd have to sign on every week.

The adviser ( I've never had a regular adviser,just randoms) told me its just something that happens every now and then, and gave me an appointment for this week.

I arrive at my appointment early, I'm never late, and this very uninterested told me I look like I'm having problems finding work, so I will have to come in everyday.

I wouldn't have a problem with this ,but for a 20 week pregnant woman, with a child off school, ante natal appointments ,looking for a place to live, does everything to find work,

I find this so :censored: infuriating.

Is there anything i can do?

They know my circumstances.

I've been on JSA since March, and no, I haven't managed to secure any work as yet,

but pregnancy waits for no woman and pretty soon no one will want to employ an elephant with flatulence :frown:

Hi everybody :-D

I'm new to CAG as of today,and i just wondered if anybody could give me some advice

- or just tell me it's hormones that are making me irrational!

I'm reaching my 20th week of pregnancy and I am in receipt of JSA.

I usually attend fortnightly sign on appointments and I do all my job searches,check local paper,internet search,ask family and friends etc, to the letter.

I have no problem with that, it is my duty to do so as this is the deal, I look for work and the DWP help me out by not letting me starve.

I'm homeless and I'm having such difficulty finding somewhere its a joke,

I'm sofa surfing and its a massive pain in the buttox,especially with a bump.

Last week i was told I'd have to sign on every week.

The adviser ( I've never had a regular adviser,just randoms) told me its just something that happens every now and then, and gave me an appointment for this week.

I arrive at my appointment early, I'm never late, and this very uninterested told me I look like I'm having problems finding work, so I will have to come in everyday.

I wouldn't have a problem with this ,but for a 20 week pregnant woman, with a child off school, ante natal appointments ,looking for a place to live, does everything to find work,

I find this so :censored: infuriating.

Is there anything i can do?

They know my circumstances.

I've been on JSA since March, and no, I haven't managed to secure any work as yet,

but pregnancy waits for no woman and pretty soon no one will want to employ an elephant with flatulence :frown:

Suggest you speak to a local advice charity such as Citizens Advice. Speak to your local council re housing.

Although pregnancy is not an illness, you need to speak to a Doctor about your current circumstances. It is not healthy for you or your unborn child.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Are you a lone parent? Is your child under the age of 5 by any chance? You could get income support instead of JSA if this is the case (and you certainly can when you are within 11 weeks of your date of confinement) :)