Mobile Phones Direct Insurance with Citymain Insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When I took out my mobile phone contract with Vodafone 15 months ago I was automatically signed up to a months free insurance for £6.99 although I had to give my bank details. I decided to continue with the insurance after a month as I was conscious if anything went wrong a new i phone would be expensive.

My phone suffered water damage so I put in a claim 2 weeks ago. I was asked to pay the £50 excess and send the phone for repair which cost another £7 for postage. I received the phone back after 5 days expecting it to be back to normal. The reality was that the phone was in exactly the same condition i.e. I was still unable to make or receive calls or texts.

I called Citymain Administrators to explain what had happened to be told that I would have to send it back again so they could have another look at it. I am very annoyed as I feel that they are just trying to get out of replacing the phone. The initial process I was asked to follow although I was without a phone for a week was acceptable. This is now ridiculous as I have to spend another hour wiping the data off the phone (as requested by them) and then reloading it when the phone comes back.

I have looked at the contract that was emailed to me when I had the first month and it is just a brief overview it says that you have to look on the reverse for the full details of the contract. Of course I cant do that as it's an email.

This feels like just another example of a mobile phone company taking money off you for a service that is useless and very time consuming.

Yes, it is another pointless waste of money dreamt up by these companies to maximise their profit.

In all likelihood, your contents or home insurance would cover accidental damage anyway.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I'd be making that complaint and getting in their complaints procedure so you can escalate it further sooner.

I know it all takes time, but they rely on us not going through with making these complaints because of it.

I don't think we complain enough in this country, and that's why we have such an atrocious customer service, they know they can get away with it!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi tobysam,

If you still need help with this, email me with your details via the Contact us form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "CAG Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK