foot in door by HCEO for vets bill - made to pay +£4000 on the spot - HELP!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This kind of practice, if as described, is extremely frustrating for most HCEOs.

A lot has been done over the years by many to improve the standards and our perception, which I believe they have, and then idiots like this come along and take us back.

As said earlier, if this was as described then there are likely grounds for a compliant against the EA's certificate. We do not need people like this in the enforcement industry.

I totally agree with you HCEO.

In fact, a day or so ago the poster contacted me and I have since spoken with her at length and I have to be really honest here by saying that I am truly appalled at the level of charges applied to her account.

The Notice of Enforcement is dated 6th July and the 'Compliance Stage' ended at 5pm on 19th July. She is adamant that she did not receive the Notice of Enforcement until the day AFTER the visit. This is obviously a point that needs to be made in a Formal Complaint and I appreciate that it will not be easy to prove but that is beside the point.

The Enforcement Agent visited the debtors property just 15 hours after the 'Compliance Stage' had ceased. This is an important point because I would have thought that any responsible enforcement company would check their banking records BEFORE passing the account to an individual agent. In this particular case, the visit took place at shortly after 8am on 20th July. What is worse though is that the enforcement agent charged the debtor the following:

1st Enforcement Stage: £228 inc VAT plus £133.18 (7.5%)

2nd Enforcement Stage: £594 inc VAT

Sale or Disposal Stage: £630 inc VAT plus £130.81 (7.5%)

A Controlled Goods Agreement was not entered into and naturally goods were not removed.

She is almost certainly entitled to a refund of the 2nd Enforcement Stage fee and the Sale & Disposal Stage fee and I have offered to draft a letter of complaint for her to send and I have suggested that she should send a copy to the High Court Enforcment Officers Association.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you to everyone here who has advised me.

I have been given some excellent advice from someone here, who is kindly helping me draft some letters to the relevant people.

Hopefully ******will never get the opportunity to do this again to anyone else.

Unfortunately, my story is 100% true.

What reason would I have to lie?

I'm certainly not gaining anything, just seeking help/advice and hoping no one else gets 'caught' this way again.

I will keep everyone posted.

Thank You all again.

HCEO companies do breach the rules and go on to lie about it.

My own experience does confirm that, the High Court isn't really interested in breaches of rules

and doesn't have much regard for debtors, proof is extremely difficult.

In my own case the HCEO agent claimed a first visit on a day when I knew I was at home and I hadn't seen him,

he turned up on a later day with a demand showing the first visit.

Later on, after a stay and an interpleader claim (accepted without a hearing),

someone at the HCEO office baldly stated that their agent hadn't been able to find our property (or possibly not even tried?),

it didn't stop the from trying to charge me an extra £1,000.

The firm involved was well known for very sharp practice and overcharging under the old rules.

There is a word for this and applied to an ordinary citizen F****.

You would think that as a court was involved that they would act 100% correctly and not take any risk. But the courts appear to offer them protection.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

There is a word for this and applied to an ordinary citizen F****.

You would think that as a court was involved that they would act 100% correctly and not take any risk. But the courts appear to offer them protection.

I agree totally.

Sadly its far from true.

I have now had a reply from the HCEO's firm...who totally deny he was in the wrong!

He was entitled to charge the fees, as he apparently listed goods..(he never moved from my front room sofa)

He was nearly attacked by my husband twice (my husband is awaiting a liver transplant so I think not)

I refused to pay him...etc....Absolute rubbish from start to finish.

I have requested his body cam video twice...each time ignored.

That will have the truth.

How do I actually get this? Or more to the point can I get this?

He has stole over £1400 from me.

I am a carer for my disabled daughter..carers allowance is £61 a week....and my savings are gone..because of his lies..

Can anyone tell me what I do now...?

I am so shocked that he can apparently do this and seemingly get away with it!!!

One day this HCEO will visit the "wrong house" where the debtor is a violent criminal, and they will coot the shunt so to speak, he is on borrowed time

You should consider complaining to the court and your MP.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!