Ofgem secures free energy for npower customers with late resolution of Ombudsman decisions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Some npower customers’ Ombudsman rulings have been left outstanding for over 28 days. Ofgem has ensured they will now receive free energy until npower has fully implemented the rulings.

Customers affected by this up to 21 July will also have any outstanding debt on their account written off by npower. For those consumers affected by late remedies after this date, npower will provide them with free energy on their account. They will also consider clearing debt on these customers’ accounts on a case by case basis.

Npower will now write to the affected consumers to confirm the actions they are taking. Ofgem’s investigation into npower’s customer services issues continues.

Anthony Pygram, senior partner at Ofgem said: “We’re pleased that we have been able to secure free energy for npower customers waiting longer than 28 days for a resolution to their Ombudsman complaint. And we welcome the company’s commitment to working with us to put things right.

“We expect npower to implement Ombudsman decisions on time. Our intervention has only been necessary because of npower’s failure to do this. This has led to further frustration for affected customers who have already been waiting some time to have their issue resolved. We are continuing our investigation into npower’s customer service issues and expect significant improvements from the company to address these.”

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/ofgem-secures-free-energy-npower-customers-late-resolution-ombudsman-decisions

So it seems that not only does Npower dishonour it obligations to its customers but it also dishonours it obligations to the Energy Ombudsman as well.

Let's hope that Npower's legal clerk- Kenneth Radley Davies is watching

Thanks to Eversir for this heads-up

.. and by the way, please consider donating to our fund to pay for the transcript of a County Court case in which Npower were defeated - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?449154-Court-victory-against-Npower-Npower-transcript-appeal.-Please-RT-RT%281-Viewing%29-nbsp (We aren't doing very well.)

Npower has been told it must give free energy to some of its customers who have complaints that it has failed to resolve in a timely fashion.

Any customer with a complaint to the ombudsman that has remained unresolved for more than 28 days will receive free energy until their complaint is sorted.

Customers affected by this up to July 21 will also have any outstanding debt on their account written off by Npower, the regulator Ofgem added.

The regulator said it had secured the ruling on behalf of the affected customers - thought to be around 1,000 households.

The regulator confirmed that Npower will provide free energy to customers affected after this date, although debt clearing would be considered on a case-by-case basis.

I switched from NPOWER in December 2014 because of numerous problems and lack of response from December 2013. I made a complaint and NPower closed it without even responding to me or sending any letters or resolution. They are an utter disgrace

I am still waiting for a final bill based on actual readings from December 2014 which so far they have point blank refused to give me.

Have told them to take me to court because I have had enough of them ignoring me and contacting debt collection agencies instead.

Absolute joke NPower!!!!

Abbey - £539 pending - !!!WON!!!

Halifax - £676 pending - stayed at court

2nd Claim with Halifax - £168 pending

Lloyds TSB - £780 (sisters) !!!WON!!! - Filed waste of costs order (on hold)

Barclays - Barclays filed crap defense - on hold

AND THE BANKS ARE STILL CHARGING!!!!!!!

How very dare you!!

All this brings back very unpleasant memories through 2008-10, resulting in my submitting a complaints letter to npower's CEO in January 2010.

Did it get me anywhere?

No

"We wish to register a formal complaint against npower.

Fuller details are attached, however our complaint can be summarised as follows:

October 2008 I became unemployed and am still on Jobseekers allowance. I wrote to npower explaining all the obvious financial difficulties we were facing.

2009 - 20 January We finally received a letter from npower stating "We understand this must have been a difficult time for you and you will be pleased to know we have received your payments and your accounts are now clear" [Michael Wright - Customer Services Advisor]

14 February Just 3/4 weeks later - npower wrote saying we owed £608.78.

17 June - through 31 December 2009

• Meter reading misread as 5958 instead of 5058, leading to an increase in estimates for the next six months

• A constant series of threatening letters and phone calls – debt recovery action, home visits, warrants of entry to fit prepayment meters at a cost of over £600 and / or disconnecting our supply.

• A THOROUGHLY UNACCEPTABLE AND HEATED EXCHANGE ONE EVENING FOR WHICH “NICK” NEEDS TO BE CAUTIONED / RETRAINED

• Monthly payment plan increased from £95 to £175 to an unaffordable £308 (£3,700 a year) when on Jobseekers allowance

• A continued insistence that the 17 June meter reading was correct and the amounts npower were chasing were valid and enforceable; and a continued insistence that we had otherwise changed the meter without npower being told

18 January

Today • At 10:00 this morning we were visited by meter reader Karl Keywood, who confirmed the gas meter reading as 5581; and that the meter is in fact around 21 years old

At a time when being unemployed and on Jobseeker’s allowance has made life extremely difficult for us, npower on the one hand have promised “We understand this must have been a difficult time for you … “ while going overboard on their debt collection processes, based on an inaccurate reading which they maintained for over six months is accurate when clearly it was not.

This has caused us an unacceptable level of distress and we are therefore seeking an apology and compensation.

I switched from NPOWER in December 2014 because of numerous problems and lack of response from December 2013. I made a complaint and NPower closed it without even responding to me or sending any letters or resolution. They are an utter disgrace

I am still waiting for a final bill based on actual readings from December 2014 which so far they have point blank refused to give me.

Have told them to take me to court because I have had enough of them ignoring me and contacting debt collection agencies instead.

Absolute joke NPower!!!!

All this brings back very unpleasant memories through 2008-10, resulting in my submitting a complaints letter to npower's CEO in January 2010.

Did it get me anywhere?

No

"We wish to register a formal complaint against npower.

Fuller details are attached, however our complaint can be summarised as follows:

October 2008 I became unemployed and am still on Jobseekers allowance. I wrote to npower explaining all the obvious financial difficulties we were facing.

2009 - 20 January We finally received a letter from npower stating "We understand this must have been a difficult time for you and you will be pleased to know we have received your payments and your accounts are now clear" [Michael Wright - Customer Services Advisor]

14 February Just 3/4 weeks later - npower wrote saying we owed £608.78.

17 June - through 31 December 2009

• Meter reading misread as 5958 instead of 5058, leading to an increase in estimates for the next six months

• A constant series of threatening letters and phone calls – debt recovery action, home visits, warrants of entry to fit prepayment meters at a cost of over £600 and / or disconnecting our supply.

• A THOROUGHLY UNACCEPTABLE AND HEATED EXCHANGE ONE EVENING FOR WHICH “NICK” NEEDS TO BE CAUTIONED / RETRAINED

• Monthly payment plan increased from £95 to £175 to an unaffordable £308 (£3,700 a year) when on Jobseekers allowance

• A continued insistence that the 17 June meter reading was correct and the amounts npower were chasing were valid and enforceable; and a continued insistence that we had otherwise changed the meter without npower being told

18 January

Today • At 10:00 this morning we were visited by meter reader Karl Keywood, who confirmed the gas meter reading as 5581; and that the meter is in fact around 21 years old

At a time when being unemployed and on Jobseeker’s allowance has made life extremely difficult for us, npower on the one hand have promised “We understand this must have been a difficult time for you … “ while going overboard on their debt collection processes, based on an inaccurate reading which they maintained for over six months is accurate when clearly it was not.

This has caused us an unacceptable level of distress and we are therefore seeking an apology and compensation.

If you want help with this - either of you, start a new thread please and we will be pleased to advise you