lowell 50% offer on old Cap1 card 'debt'

sorrylittlelot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right send lowell a copy of the letters you send to Captial one, Informing Lowell that the debt was passed onto them whilst Capital One was and still is in default of your consumer credit agreement request.

Inform them if they do not return to the account the capital one you will report them (along with captial one) to the OFT, FSA, ICO and all other relevant authorities

Do the above and let me know there response ohh you can say teaboy2 on cag is advising you they like me lol they know exactly who i am too

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Hi

Sorry to just jump in but have you claimed back the unlawful charges/fees on the account, plus interest?

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

dunno why your even wasting your time answering them.

they have full access they hold a licence.

anyhow.

its just a std way of them trying to tell you what to pay.

you control that not them.

all these letters are designed to do is get 'some' kind of response out of you.

dont do it .

keep them in the dark and they'll bump into someone else

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I agree with DX above.

I have had numerous letters from various DCA's informing me they have obtained a copy of my credit file, but none of these so called searches have ever shown up when I check my file. I don't know if they have or they haven't looked at it

The letters are sent out in the hope you will get angry and respond, which is what they what you to do.

But alas I don't rise to it, so they can please themselves if they want to look, doesn't make good reading LOL

Their next line of attack with be from their tin pot solicitors Hampton Legal, which is the next desk up from Red and two desks down from Lowells

• 4 weeks later...

Well if theyre not chasing why are you worrying???

as regards the SAR the letter states you have received a data access subject request if you've never made such a request then it sounds like a mailshot letter rather than one specifically tailored to your circumstances.

S.

• 1 month later...

threads merged and tidied.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok now to work...

i would not argue about paperwork errors - what is there is good enough.

and if there is a financial 'link' too i'd not argue

now does this debt show on your CRA file

dx

and they

Hi,

This is what I have been sent countless times from Capital One and various DCAs and I've written countless letters back saying that I want to see the whole agreement and as they are refusing to provide it then I can only assume that they are well aware that there is something seriously wrong in the way it was written and it probably contains unfair terms. No-one from any of the DCAs has ever answered that.

DD

Hi again,

I appreciate that a lot of people on the site prefer to let things move along to Court and then defend on the basis of the faulty paperwork.

I am a total wimp and generally point out to them most of what is wrong holding some things back of course.

I've got a number of accounts (oh dear) and most of them are quiet at the moment with the very long correspondence going on in just one at the moment.

In fact that one (not Capital One) has just fallen into the usual trap this morning so will get a letter telling them that I can prove that what they have sent is false.

The longer you drag it out, especially if it goes to a solicitor, the more costs they incur.

Again, this is my personal opinion, but even if they have faulty paperwork it is still a judge lottery out there and people do lose cases even if there is faulty paperwork.

I reckon they'd rather take people to court if they think it will be easy so I always make it clear that I'll be very, very difficult, I know my stuff,

and I'll be fighting every step of the way.

DD

• 4 weeks later...

garbage

they looked at that to find you

just tosh to make you respond.

paperwork issues aside.

tell us about this debt please

dx

and they

garbage

they looked at that to find you

just tosh to make you respond.

paperwork issues aside.

tell us about this debt please

dx

Spot on... its just to make you think.. "ooo they can see what I'm spending my hard earned cash on now"

S.

i have megred several thread here ALL on the same debt

the questions have already been answered more than once

PLEASE

as a general site rule

KEEP TO ONE THREAD PER DEBT - whatever the issue

you have SO>>>>>>>>> many threads all about new issues with a small number of debts

please do not start a new thread on a debt you already have a thread running for...72 threads ..its no joke trying to merge these!

dx

and they

sorry

not in the least

a lesson learn no bother

you should now see you one have a few thread rather than 72

all with a nice name etc

dx

and they