Eviction Order for 27th July

david1960
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, do you mean you'll know by this Friday evening (17th) - it' s very unlikely the lender will withdraw the eviction order unless you pay all the arrears. The court cannot make any decision or give advice, they can only suggest applying for a hearing which you should do by latest Monday 20th. You will need to take the N244 application to the court personally and pay the fee of £50 in cash. If you do nothing, the bailiffs will arrive on 27th and you will have to leave the property.

I can help you with the N244 application if you wish.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

David is there any reason why your Wife could not secure at least a part-time job to help make ends meet?

Self employed earnings can be erratic as you know and a modest regular income from her would give you much more breathing space. With no children at home and therefore more flexibiilty than a working mum it would seem a logical thing to do.

I know myself that constant money worries are a miserable way to live! Also with that level of equity you could presumably buy a house mortgage free. However attached you may be to the property, imagine not having to pay a mortgage every month!!

Hi BornThsWay. My wife was asked to interview for a part time job eight years ago, but a long period of ill health scuppered this.....and her pension slarts in a year.

I have arranged for the company paying me in August to pay me next week and carry out some extra work for them. This will be paid on Wednesday and the lender is happy to cancel the order if they receive a payment of two-thirds of outstanding court arrears next week and allow me to catch up over three months.

Ell-enn, if the money is late in what is the latest point I can apply for an N244 - you imply it's a week?

As the eviction is schedulled for Monday 27th, you would certainly need to apply at the latest Wednesday to get a hearing before the weekend. Depending on the court lists and what days they have judges some courts will accept late applications.

Which court is it (you can aswer by private message if you'd rather)

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

OK, paid 50% of court arrears yesterday and court confirmed order has been cancelled. Paying balance of court arrears over 6 months.

Thanks to Ell-enn and others for all your help.

That's great news :) you must be relieved. If possible you should make your monthly payments a few days before the due date - if you are even one day late in paying then they can go for eviction again.