style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2777 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes,, if the home address is the registered office the EA will call there first.

Different of course if you are just a director of a business registered elsewhere. Many larger concerned may have dozens of directors. There is n personal liabiliy, just a matter of keeping your business assets and your personal ones separate.

If you are going to limit your business lability, you are always better registering your business elswere.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes,, if the home address is the registered office the EA will call there first.

Different of course if you are just a director of a business registered elsewhere. Many larger concerned may have dozens of directors. There is n personal liabiliy, just a matter of keeping your business assets and your personal ones separate.

If you are going to limit your business lability, you are always better registering your business elswere.

What happens if you use an accommodation address then? The HCEO would turn up and find it's not your actual business premises. If they have the previous registered address, i.e. the director's, they'd be inclined to visit there, wouldn't they?

Never happen due to registration requirements.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Yes, assuming the company's name was on the writ. Presumably if it was the director's name, then the HCEOs couldn't force entry.

Sorry missed this, if it was the directors name, it would be his personal liability, (individual) as opposed to his companies.

No uness he was carrying out a business of his own on the premisses.

No uness he was carrying out a business of his own on the premisses.

Good idea! Go for it, BA!

Lol, funny.

Lol, funny.

Well, it's true what BA said, the subject of entry is most important, especially when it comes to this mixture of business and residential premises. I'm aware they can use reasonable force to enter private homes to collect court fines but business debts are a minefield.

I'm also aware that this thread was not to do with the subject of rights of entry and business debts but someone had already posted about it on here.

Well, it's true what BA said, the subject of entry is most important, especially when it comes to this mixture of business and residential premises. I'm aware they can use reasonable force to enter private homes to collect court fines but business debts are a minefield.

I'm also aware that this thread was not to do with the subject of rights of entry and business debts but someone had already posted about it on here.

Sorry got dragged away, yes couldn't agree more, so rare to see enthusiasm on here i took what you said as something else, my error.

Over 700 views of this thread in 24 hours. Very impressive indeed.

I started this thread to once again dispel these dreadful internet myths about bailiff fees for magistrates courts. I questioned yesterday WHY the individual responsible for referring to Section 75A had even brought this subject up.

Before even doing so, he surely should have checked to see whether section 26 of the Crime & Courts Act 2013 (amending the Magistrates Courts Act1980 to introduce section 75A) had been brought into force. It appears that it has not been. This is entirely compatible with my comment above that Section 75A is not in use.

If anyone is interested in knowing WHY Section 26 was introduced into the Crimes & Courts Act 2013 (although not yet bought into force), they should read the following House of Commons debate from January 2013.

PS: At the time of the debate, the section numbers were not the same.

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/pbc/2012-13/Crime_and_Courts_Bill/07-0_2013-01-31a.5.0?s=%27benefits%27+%A35%27+%27deduction%27+%27fine%27

Just to settle the section 75A matter

As you say that section is not in use, in fact it has not even been brought into use, in that it cannot be lawfully used.

You would think that the person responsible for this would have checked if there had been any enabling instrument issued before shooting his mouth off.

Even then he got its function wrong, what a boon he must be to his employer. :doh: