Companies House launches free data site

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In line with the government’s commitment to free data, Companies House is pleased to announce that all public digital data held on the UK register of companies is now accessible free of charge, on its new public beta search service.

This provides access to over 170 million digital records on companies and directors including financial accounts, company filings and details on directors and secretaries throughout the life of the company.

Free access to the data is available both through a web service and an application program interface (API), enabling both consumers and technology providers to access real time updates on companies.

You can try the new service here.

Just checked this out and rather surprised to find the document signatures aren't redacted.

So from this one site anyone can find out my DoB, previous and current address, and my signature for free!

Just checked this out and rather surprised to find the document signatures aren't redacted.

So from this one site anyone can find out my DoB, previous and current address, and my signature for free!

You can raise this with CH as it is in Beta test mode at the moment.

Most registered companies have an address separate from their home address and that information has been available for ages. The document pdfs used to be charged for (£1) but that fee has now been removed.

I, for one like this new change as it gives us more info on the companies so that we can make CAGgers aware of any 'odd' companies.

I do sympathise over the signature though. That isn't needed.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE