HELP!!! Faulty PS4 From Very Catalogue!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please can you help me? My sister bought my son a Play Station 4 (PS4) games console complete with 2 games from Very Catalogue of which she is a customer. She bought the PS4 April 24th 2015 to give to him on his birthday June 9th 2015.She kept the present unopened at her home and gave it to my son on his birthday.

Unfortunately on opening the PS4 and setting it up, the PS4 is faulty and does not work so we would like to return it. My sister contacted Very so that she could return it to them but was told,that because the PS4 is out of the 28 day guarantee period that we must send it back to the PS4 suppliers.My sister told them that she bought the PS4 from them as a present and it was not opened until his birthday when we discovered that it was faulty.

We contacted PS4 and they said that if we send it to them, that they would probably repair it or send us a reconditioned model.This we find is totally unacceptable! PS4 also gave us a reference number and said that it is easier for Very to send it back to them via their distributors. Very are refusing to accept the faulty PS4 back. My sister called Very again yesterday and is now awaiting a call from one of their managers.

The PS4 cost £409.00 ( £412.95, included 3.95 postage) of which she is paying it off over 3 months interest free £137.65). The first payment has already been paid. My sister will pay for the console as she does not wish to have any credit problems. If necessary Very will have to refund her later on.

From reading other threads about this company I fear a long and protracted battle ahead. So I would like to know how best we can move forward. Also in the meantime I have an unhappy son and a useless games console that doesn't work. Any advice would be greatly received,many thanks!

Very are fobbing you off. Get it in writing to them. They won't be so quick to fob you off once there is a paper trail of the complaint.

If you have Twitter get on it and complain in public.

Thanks Ash for your prompt response. I am quite shocked as to how quick Very just wants to wash it hands of the whole matter!! I am used to good customer service from big companies and have never come across this before. I shall keep you all posted. Thanks again.