Have TalkTalk ever taken anyone to court?

spamheed
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a general question. I was fortunate enough to get out of a contract with TalkTalk recently, due to their increasing their rates mid term, so have gone over to the more expensive, but equally faster and more professional BT. Anyhow, I cancelled the direct debit and now have them trying to apply a further (final) payment against the account, they have also stated they want me to return a Youview box that I have never received, they have even gone as far to produce vague unspecific Tracking information in support of their claim. As I cannot return what I do not have, and I will not be paying fees which I regard as unreasonable and unwarranted, what is the chance that TalkTalk will attempt to go down the litigation route?

I think you will find in your initial contract with TalkTalk your Youview box was 'yours to keep regardless' so they are just trying it on there.

Don't think they would go to court but if they did counter claim against them for any 'non payment by direct debit' fees and any penalties for not paying by the 'due date' fees they have charged you.

How did you manage to get out of your contract? My contract on the phone ends in August and I will be leaving them on that side, have to wait til May next year (they quoted £360 to leave them - where they got the figure from I don't know).

I am going to try and leave them again as the only way that I can change my package is to sign up for an even longer period.

Have just gone back 6 years on the datatbase Spam...nothing ever in Financial Legal Issues from them....not to say that they will just sell it on an a DCA may try.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Cheers Andy, that's what I had found, nothing of any consequence, only cases where the customer had taken them to court. SillyGirl, I availed myself of OFGEM regulations where, if they increase their prices in the middle of a contract you are free to walk away without penalty, (look into it) so I did, I was paying for 20Mbps broadband, and was lucky if I got 4mbps and they did nothing to help I am now with BT and pay a lot more, but am getting 34Mbps, so happy enough, just the letters are starting and they're making threats, there is a clause in the t&c which states that if the customer leaves early then £200 must be paid for the youview box, but I have never received one, so I think they're taking the proverbial

• 1 month later...