style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Earlier this week I did something really stupid, I attempted to get out of paying for a train and what's worse I did it on the way back as well. I have read as much information as I can on this site and another and don't hold out much hope.

I got through the first time but on the way back I was stopped by a Revenue Protection guy and was found out and even more stupidly told him that I was on my return journey. What I am really worried about is my folks finding out since I live with them and have no where else to go. which would probably mean homelessness. I am disgusted with fear, can't sleep, and need help.

I feel I have no option but to admit guilt but I am really hoping that I deal with only the fine and not the prosecution, as I have been unemployed for a while now (not collecting benefits) and with a conviction don't hold out much hope.

I am currently dreading the mail coming through the door and what it might say.

I am not looking for sympathy as I deserve none, but want to know what my options are and the likely outcome.

Seriously anybody who is thinking about dodging the collectors forget it, it is not worth it. I am currently looking at prosecution, a fine, and a criminal record (which while I feel is over the top is what it is)

My intention is to plead guilty, as I don't see any option (please correct me if I am wrong)

As for what I want if somebody knows anybody or has a contact (phone number or e-mail please pm me) in the prosecutions department please let me know, as I am desperate. Also what is the likely maximum amount of money a 1st timer (yes I know I tried to do it twice in one day) would likely pay, as I am currently living off the money I do have.

Please don't do what I have done.

await the letter.

then come back here

not the worlds biggest crime and you should be able to avoid a criminal record

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

Try not to panic.

What train company was it and what was said by the staff to you?

Were you cautioned?

Some operators are more lenient with first time offenders than others,

but the reality is,

as you seem to understand,

you could be summons to court for the offence.

The charge for which you're convicted should it go that far,

will dictate what the penalty will be

and whether there is a record of the offence on the Police National Computer.

I suggest waiting for their correspondence as dx said.

It'll likely be a eltter asking for you to confirm your details and account of what happened in the first instance.

bear in mind it could take a fair few weeks to receive anything depending on the train company's workload.

Suggest you get help for your other issues elsewhere on the forum.

Lots of advice on benefits, homelessness etc.

Are you not receiving benefits because you are trying to stay under the radar or would affect any your parents receive?