style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't want to boast but I proved this 2 years ago and got my council Tax wiped because of it. It took me 2 years to get a reply out of the South-West group of courts but they admiitted it under the heading of "Validity of Summons" and I quote:

"You will need to contact the Wandsworth Borough Council directly as they merely use our Court Rooms for the purpose of obtaining enforcement proceedings on Council Tax matters. These matters are heard before a Magistrates bench. The Wandsworth Borough Council are the ones who can formally inform you of the due process in such matters"

I remember I soundly did my research - even quoting Henry VIII clauses and such! Believe it or not, it was information from the FOTL/TPUC posse that helped greatly. Which just goes to show if that group remembered their movement is about 'lawful rebelllion' not getting something for free, how powerful and useful they would be!

Basically, that Red Council Tax Summons is not worth the paper it is written on and is illegal and unlawful! I'm still waiting for a reply from the justice clerk - Mr Seaton I think? - as to what his name is doing on an unlawful document!

I don't want to boast but I proved this 2 years ago and got my council Tax wiped because of it. It took me 2 years to get a reply out of the South-West group of courts but they admiitted it under the heading of "Validity of Summons" and I quote:

"You will need to contact the Wandsworth Borough Council directly as they merely use our Court Rooms for the purpose of obtaining enforcement proceedings on Council Tax matters. These matters are heard before a Magistrates bench. The Wandsworth Borough Council are the ones who can formally inform you of the due process in such matters"

I remember I soundly did my research - even quoting Henry VIII clauses and such! Believe it or not, it was information from the FOTL/TPUC posse that helped greatly. Which just goes to show if that group remembered their movement is about 'lawful rebelllion' not getting something for free, how powerful and useful they would be!

Are you saying you had your entire CT bill nullified, so paid nothing that year? You clearly did very well. I doubt quoting clauses from Tudor times would have had much bearing on things though. Are you able to share exactly how you did this please?

It was correspondence between myself, the council and the courts. I will try to find all my letters. I say try because I had a period when my PC was crashing my harddrive incessantly and I lost some letters as this fight lasted for 2-3 years. I do know where my zero bill is but I will find and collate all letters in chronological order and post them here for you.

Oh, and I recently rebutted a false claim from Birmingham City Coucnil for a client. They still have Equita sending him letters but I've put him in the position where their letters have all the effect of junk mail as neither the council, the LGO nor the DCA can provide lawful documentary-evidence to justify their council tax/occupancy claim.

Important: there are some people who are able to lawfully refute a council's claim but because they keep sending the EA/bailiff around they believe they are in the wrong or get pressured into paying. The important point to note is that once you have soundly and lawfully refuted any claim, the only avenue they have is to send their enforcer around and once they do that they are wilfully engaging in State Gangsterism!

I should point out Equita were making doorstep visits until I made them aware of the criminality of their behaviour and I've told my client anytime they want file an EAC2 or a civil case under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997, they can.

Oh, and I recently rebutted a false claim from Birmingham City Coucnil for a client. They still have Equita sending him letters but I've put him in the position where their letters have all the effect of junk mail as neither the council, the LGO nor the DCA can provide lawful documentary-evidence to justify their council tax/occupancy claim.

Important: there are some people who are able to lawfully refute a council's claim but because they keep sending the EA/bailiff around they believe they are in the wrong or get pressured into paying. The important point to note is that once you have soundly and lawfully refuted any claim, the only avenue they have is to send their enforcer around and once they do that they are wilfully engaging in State Gangsterism!

I should point out Equita were making doorstep visits until I made them aware of the criminality of their behaviour and I've told my client anytime they want file an EAC2 or a civil case under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997, they can.

So you earn a living from this if you have clients?

How can you lawfully refute a claim you owe Council Tax if you haven't paid it? As for filing an EAC2 or a civil case under the PHA, the EA's have not behaved in any way criminally by visiting your 'client', so I am at a loss to understand on what grounds an EAC2 could be filed, or a civil action lodged under PHA. All sounds a bit wonky to me, but happy to be proven wrong.

Can you elaborate on this statement.

Whist I wait to figure out how to attach the bill, I will answer your queries. Birmingham City Council tried to claim that my client who has students occupying his house was directly liable for the council tax despite irrefutable evidence in the form of tenancy agreements and proof of payments that the tenants were liable and were paying.

The council's argument was based on a flawed mis-perception of one tenant. A wilful mis-perception I might add as I was able to prove the council were trying it on. I took the case to the LGO who apparently instructed the council to produce documentary evidence of their claim - as I repeatedly requested - but they were unable to. This is a synopsis of an 18-month case. So their DCA Equita has no right of enforcement as not only has a debt not been proven, it was roundly refuted. I could be polite and say it was an administrative oversight on their part but the persistence and aggression with which they pursued my client for monies suggests otherwise.

I am compiling what letters I could find now as I remove personal details and then convert to pdf. Can anyone remind me if its ok to leave the names of the people I was writing to at the council and the courts? I know we use to be able to name public servants - when they were public servants!

Firstly, these are just a few letters of a fight spanning years. They were trying to get payment for Council tax going back as far as 2007 – despite the fact I was unemployed at the time.

Due to battling on many fronts at the time, I agreed to pay £650.49 for all Council Tax from 2011 to present with last years’ being wiped off completely. They don’t deserve a penny! The £991 is if I don’t pay up – but it’s stupid because that figure contains the already proven illegal Summons & LO fees!

You will find letters to the Council, the Courts and DCA. I also included 2 letters from the Birmingham case I referenced as the content is valuable and differs from my slightly as the client’s circumstances were different.

There was one name I could not remove but the letter itself explains why, as it is his direct involvement that apparently gives the air of authority to their unlawful proceedings.

Here is a brief index on the letters:

Page 1 - Initial Response to Claim

Page 3 – Complaint at no Reply

Page 4 – Validity of Liability Orders – to Council

Page 7 – Response to Council info provided

Page 11 – Reply to DCA ‘Final Notice’ Letter

Page 13 – Reply to DCA ‘Removal Notice’ Letter

Page 14 - Validity of Liability Orders – Birmingham Council

Page 17 – Query to Justice Clerk

Page 19 – DCA harassment letter

Enjoy! And not too much questions please!

I have the council tax bill I referred to and I want to attach it here but all the options refer to a URL. Any suggestions that'll save me going to the Help Section?

Marincor,

Your posts would be far better suited to a separate thread of their own as this thread is quickly going way off topic.

In that way, I can hopefully clear up a misunderstanding that you appear to have regarding the requirement for a copy of a Liability Order to be provided to you and the need for it to have a court stamp etc.