Cabot / Vanquis / Weightmans LLP - 21-5-2015***Claim Discontinued***

lordelven
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey there,

I have been an avid reader of these forums for some time but never had anything of relevance to contribute until now.

I have received a CC from the Northampton CCBC and below is the current status.

Received a claim? Yes

Issue Date: 21-5-2015

Amount approx: £528.59

Claimant: Cabot Financial UK Limited

Solicitor: Weightmans LLP

Original Credit: Vanquis

Particulars of Claim:

1. The Defendant entered into a credit agreement described bt the original creditor as VANQUIS-CREDIT CARD and having account number XXXXXX ('The Account')

2. The Claimant, a UK limited company with company number 3757424, is the assignee and legal owner of all rights previously enjoyed by the original creditor in respect of the Account.

3. The Defendant is indebted to the Claimant in respect of the account in the sum of £528.59

4. The Claimant claims the said sum of £528.59, plus costs.

Stat Barred? No

I have done the following and provided a timeline as I know I am time limited by the court procedure.

Time line

25/05/2015 - Received CC from Northampton CC Business Centre

25/05/2015 - Logged on to MCOL and acknowledged and disputed the claim

29/05/2015 - Wrote and sent a CCA request to Cabot requesting a copy of the original credit agreement.

01/06/2015 - Wrote and sent a CPR 31.14 request to Weightmans LLP requesting a copy of all documents they have regarding this case.

03/06/2015 - Received letter from Cabot Financial stating that they do not have the documents on file and will take approximately 40 days.

05/06/2015 - Received letter from Weightmans LLP stating they have requested the documents.

So in summary;

sent: Acknowledged the Claim, Sent a CCA request, Sent a CPR 31.14 request

Other info:

I don't have any knowledge that I can recall ever taking out a credit card with Vanquis. However I have checked my credit file. According to the records, it was started on 08/05/2007 and they are on there as a default since 31/03/2010I have attached all copies of documents I currently have.

Any advice, hints tips etc... would be very much appreciated.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57941[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]57940[/ATTACH]

Edited by lordelven

Hi Lordelven and welcome to CAG......

Nothing further for you to action apart from keep your eye on your defence date .....oh and you need to convert your two last uploads (JPEG) to PDF file.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I have sent an email to Weightmans LLP with a letter attached requesting they agree to 28 day extention.

Is there any thing more I need to be doing now other than count down the days...?

Thanks

I have sent an email to Weightmans LLP with a letter attached requesting they agree to 28 day extention.

Is there any thing more I need to be doing now other than count down the days...?

Thanks

Why did you do that....? nothing further for you to do ...as per my last post.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

In effect ...all it allows ...assuming they agree...is more time for them to try to retrieve/conjurer up the paperwork ...there are plenty of example defences I have already drafted in the Legal Success forum...you can simply edit to suit.

Hey,

So I have not heard from either Cabot nor Weightmans since and time is marching on for me to put my defence in.

What do I do?

Do you think I have given them enough time to repsond adequately?

Thanks.

They never respond...in time for a defence...but your defence is not fully dependent on none compliance...take a look at the threads I have referred to already

• 1 month later...

Hey,

So its been a few weeks since any activity until last Monday where I received a settlement offer letter {attached}

I feel this is another tactic to get me to admit the claim and make payments.

What are your thoughts please?

Thanks

Dont really know without sight of the defence you submitted...but as the claim is stayed...then its your choice to either ignore their offer or see if they wish to proceed...but looking at the figures involved it would cost them more to proceed than the debt is worth.

• 4 months later...

Well done...I wil amend your thread title to reflect the outcome.

Regards

Andy