Lloyds Card still on file after 6 years

Worsteve
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Morning Caggers!

It has been a long time since I last visited here.

All the advice I received previously had my lenders tied in knots and all but one of my loans has now gone from my credit report!!

! For that, I thank you all immensely!!

I do however, have a Lloyds TSB Card that remains, despite this loan being over 6 years post default.

This was for the sum of circa £6600 and

the story is as follows;

Somehow, on my credit report, I acquired a phone bill for £1300 at an address that I am not affiliated with.

Closer inspection showed that this bill was for somebody with the same name as myself (but different spelling).

To this day, I cannot get this removed from my file which is infuriating.

The next thing to happen was, the Lloyds TSB loan was sold to various DCA's and now sits with Cabot.

Somehow, Cabot managed to add this loan to the A.N.Other pseudonym and this loan is now attached to the spurious address, but still sits on my report.

I have challenged CABOT, but they say that this loan information came from Lloyds and that I am affiliated with this address

so the loan has now reset to having a history of only 8 months instead of 6.5 years!

How do I get this damn thing removed from my report please?

Your advice, as always is invaluable!

Thanks again.

Has there been a default notice issued on either of these 2 accounts ?

IMHO, you need to send SAR to the first company in respect of the Phone Bill. You need to establish what is going on with that - if it is not yours, then they have no right to keep it on your credit file. You will need to make a formal complaint to the company and then escalate to the Information Commissioner, even going so far as to issue a claim against the company should they refuse to either provide cast iron proof that the debt is yours or remove it.

As for the LTSB loan, are you advising that this loan is not yours either ? If so, then again, SAR to LTSB to establish what is going on. The loan cannot be "reset". If it is yours and a default notice was issued, all Cabot can do is UPDATE from the original default date. They cannot even change the date of inception of the agreement.

SAR to LTSB - complaint to their Head Office - Complaint to Information Commissioner.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Many Thanks for your prompt response!

The lloyds TSB Card is mine was defaulted over 6 years ago, and no further payments made to it. Somehow it has been attached to the spurious address and the Default date reset to circa 8 months ago due to changing across to the address mentioned above.

You haven't really explain the connection between the phone bill and your problem with Lloyds.

You should be sorting both of these out.

Who was the phone bill with? Was this for a landline or a mobile?

You should be sending an SAR to the phone company and also to Lloyds and then when you get all the information you should come back here and we can start sorting out both of.

If there has been an error because they have attributed a phone account to your name incorrectly then you need to be dealing with this and also claiming compensation the problems it has caused over the years.

This may well be quite straightforward

Hi Bankfodder

The phone bill is not mine and was attached by a DCA as both the original owner and myself shared the same name and DOB.

Although the owner of the phone bill's name is spelled differently to mine.

One day this bill just appeared on my credit report and I haven't been able to persuade anybody that I am not that person living at that address!

Somehow, Lloyds/Cabots or another DCA, got my lloyds TSB loan mixed up with this address and now my loan is registered at the address I don't live at, and the Default date reset.

How this happened I have no idea.

But it sounds like a DCA has just looked on a file and found my name and attached the Phone Bill to me instead of the original owner.

There is no actual link between the Lloyds Card and the phone bill.

I believe the phone bill was for a mobile.

Thanks again.

Edited by Worsteve
additional information

Many Thanks for your prompt response!

The lloyds TSB Card is mine was defaulted over 6 years ago, and no further payments made to it. Somehow it has been attached to the spurious address and the Default date reset to circa 8 months ago due to changing across to the address mentioned above.

If the account was defaulted over 6 years ago, then it should have now dropped off. Cabot cant simply add this to the phone bill account, which is NOT yours and thereby suggesting it is a new account and let it run for another 6 years ! You must make complaints to both LTSB and Cabot in the first instance insisting that the LTSB account is now removed from your Credit file - if they don't comply then you should be either escalating your complaint to the Information Commissioner or issue a claim against either LTSB or Cabot.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Okay.

I think that you need to disentangle it all.

Surely it must be evident from the credit file entries who the alleged debts belong to.

I think that you need to start taking whatever steps you can to find out all the information. If you think that it is a load work then yes you are right it will take some effort. On the other hand, I would say that you will get compensation for the mixups. It seems to me that there are clear breaches of data protection act – at the very least.

You need to start making a list of everybody involved – bank, DCA, credit reference agency and start writing to them in order to get as much information as you can.

Sent SARs to the bank and to the DCA.

I'm going to say, that although you have attempted to explain it above – it certainly not very clear to me.

It hasn't helped that there are two debts which you now say are not linked to each other and yet you have been dealing with them as part of the same story.

I think that you should deal with the phone debt in a separate thread and also begin again in another thread for the bank debt so that the stories are clear and separate.

It will be much easier for us to be able to understand what is going on and to advise you as to the best course of action.

In the end, whatever action you end up taking – and I will be suggesting that it should be a County Court action – your chances of succeeding will be much better than 90% and you may be able to expect compensation running into the hundreds or maybe low thousand depending on the effect that it has had on your life during the time that you have had these credit file entries

• 9 months later...

Good Morning all

So here are my circumstances;

1. I have a lloyds tsb loan that will be Statute Barred in June this year. (I have a Default Notice from June 2010 from Lloyds)

2. There is an errant Mobile Phone Bill on my credit report, that does not belong to me. It is shown at an address that I have no affiliation with.

3. The SAR shows the Lloyds TSB loan attached to the errant Phone Bill Address??????? Somehow, the creditors have managed to get the 2 debts tied together?????

4. I am awaiting the results of the SAR on the errant Mobile communications bill.

I have done the SAR on CABOT, for the Lloyds TSB loan. This loan now has the mobile phone address on it that has nothing to do with me. The SAR has no copies of the original Default notices or any of the information that was sent from Lloyds. In essence, they have pretty much nothing on file about me.

So what to do next? CABOT are now calling me at ungodly hours. They have got this in a right mess but I don't know the steps to sort it out. I will review the results of the SAR on the Mobile Phone Bill when it comes in.

Thanks to one and all!

Please will you start a new thread for this.

It's not clear if you are continuing a thread which was lasted visited in 2015 or if this is a new topic.

Anyway, please start a new topic.

Thanks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks