style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I received a Dart Charge Penalty notice whilst I was away on holiday. (end of April)

The charge was for a crossing made two days before xmas.

It appears that the payment originally made in December doesnt seem to have been debited from the card even though the customer services person said that the payment has gone through.

Therefore an additional 7.50 has been paid- First by a family member dealing with the notice and paying 2X£2.50 then secondly by another member for £2.50.

It seems that the crossing system is a massive mistake and the system is not very efficient, why they cant send a simple email confirmation or a text to confirm payment has gone through is beyond comprehension.

Anyhow I have spoken with the Dart charge people and they agreed there has been a mistake and that the PCN should not have been issued. Thats all very well but the £37.50 could have unwittingly been paid when it was not required. (I wonder how many people this happens to)

Not to mention time wasted dealing with these people's incompetence, I am looking to claim back the money paid and for time inconvenienced.

I am not sure who exactly to write to:

Graham.Dalton@highways.gsi.gov.uk

^^I have found The CEO for the highways agency

correspondence@dartford-crossing-charge.service.gov.uk

Just wondering if there is anyone else I should CC?

Help much appreciated

All the best

BBYHB

Is that Sanef that run French motorways? I didn't realise they were involved.

HB

Hi HB,

didnt realise either but here it is....

Whilst we are wholly owned subsidiary of Sanef France, Sanef Tolling in the UK does operate as a separate company

https://www.saneftolling.co.uk/support

Regards

Hi BB.

It isn't working very well, is it? The local press seems to have a lot of adverse comment.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/news/fines-at-dartford-crossing-rake-36190/

HB

Thanks for this HB, interesting read....nice little earner there.

2000 fines were cancelled

haha what a joke!

• 2 months later...

Dartford crossing CEO Charlie Hewson still refusing to refund the money I have paid, I have paid three times for one crossing!

Not to mention more than 10 hours dealing with Dartcharge/ Sanef. What a joke!

They will happily take your money and try and fine you but are very slow to right their wrongs!

Appalling behaviour from the company CEO